treed

Malwarebytes Call Protection beta

Hi, all,

I'l pleased to announce the release of the Malwarebytes Call Protection beta. If you are interested in trying this app out, you can claim a spot in the beta (seats are limited) here:

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.malwarebytes.antiscam

This app brings back the features that we were forced to remove from our Malwarebytes Security app, and will eventually be available free of charge.

If you have questions or comments about the beta, please respond to this topic. We're eager to hear about any problems!

Awesome! Glad to see this finally went through. I guess we posted the link to swiftly and it wasn't ready yet.

Thanks for the Beta Malwarebytes Call Protection. Excited to test this app.😁

MB call.PNG

8 minutes ago, MAXBAR1 said:

Thanks.  Now everything works correctly

Yes it installed easy peasie!

You're welcome MAXBAR1😊

Hello, is this really NOW useabele for all citizens in the World ?

PS: Yes, i now that is a ß-BETA.

MAM

For beta, yes. When we put out the public release, that will probably be limited to a couple specific countries initially, but if all goes well we will hope to expand it globally as soon as possible.

Hello,

sounds good. I will wait, for the end pruduct.

Good Luck.

MAM

May I ask when I report an unknown phone number how does MB Call Protection determine if its spam or not? Just curious..

22 hours ago, Ssherjj said:

May I ask when I report an unknown phone number how does MB Call Protection determine if its spam or not? Just curious..

We can't really comment on the exact process, but suffice it to say that the mere fact that you report a number is not sufficient to get it added to the database. It may be a legitimate number being spoofed by a scammer, or you may be reporting your mother-in-law's number because you don't like her. :)

However, regardless of what we do on the backend, if you report a number, it'll get blocked by the app in the future on your phone.

Alrighty then Thank you! I appreciate your response. Usually I get all of calls from different numbers asking me to extend my car warranty or apply for credit card. So I usually block those numbers. Some leave a voice message but this time they didn't. Otherwise the program is running smoothly. 😊

Feel free to report those kinds of unsolicited numbers.

Just be cautious about numbers from companies you've done business with before. I wouldn't recommend reporting those unless you've asked them to remove you from their list and they haven't.

4 hours ago, treed said:

Feel free to report those kinds of unsolicited numbers.

Just be cautious about numbers from companies you've done business with before. I wouldn't recommend reporting those unless you've asked them to remove you from their list and they haven't.

Thanks @treed will do...😊