Error in Windows Event Viewer

throkr

Hi,

Each time I restore a disk image (using Macrium Reflect), the following error concerning Web Protection shows up in the event viewer. And this despite the fact that Web Protection is still activated and running normally (meaning that I don't have to re-enable it).

• I don't remember having seen this with the previous version 3.8.3
  • I'm on Win10 1909 - Build 18.383.387 (not insider) but this error was already present with Win10 1903 - Build 18.362.387 (not insider)
  • log from Event Viewer attached 

Event.jpg.fcac8569ec8889681729b391d75ef4d3.jpg

This is not really a problem for me (as Web Protection is working fine) but I thought it would be useful to mention it.

Thanks for your time !

Event.txt

Hi @throkr,

Thanks for the report.

Does this also occur with Malwarebytes version 3?
Does this consistently occur with every restore?

Attempting to reproduce this did not result in any issues. Could you provide a full list of steps you take that results in the error being logged please.

Please do the following as well:

• Open Malwarebytes.
  • Click Settings.
  • Enable the Event Log Data setting.

Reproduce the issue. Ensure the error is logged to the System event log and then do the following:

Hi @LiquidTension,

19 hours ago, LiquidTension said:

Does this also occur with Malwarebytes version 3?

As mentioned previously: I don't remember having seen this with the previous version 3.8.3

Does this consistently occur with every restore?

Yes

Could you provide a full list of steps you take that results in the error being logged please

• within Macrium Reflect, I choose the image I want to restore
  • I boot into the WinPE > Macrium Reflect Recovery Environment
  • the restore is made and when finished
  • the system reboots to my login screen
  • after that the error (see screenshot above) shows up in the Event Viewer under Applications & Services Logs/Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin

Export your full System and Application event logs, zip up the files and attach

Logs are attached.

Please do the following as well:

• Open Malwarebytes.
  • Click Settings.
  • Enable the Event Log Data setting.

Reproduce the issue. Ensure the error is logged to the System event log and then do the following:

• Gather logs with the Malwarebytes Support Tool

From the steps described above, you'll understand that I won't be able to do that ... but tell me if you need further informations / logs.*

* update: I managed to reproduce the issue with enabled Event Log Data setting in MB (updated logs are attached). 

mbst-grab-results.zip EventLogs.zip

Edited by throkr
updated text + logs

10 hours ago, RTL434 said:

Looks like my component package is now at 1.0.690. Must have updated just lately as it was at 1.0.682 in this morning's scan report.

Mine is the same as yours (and in this morning's scan report it was 1.0.658) but have a look here as a new Beta 4 has just been released.

BTW I just noticed you attached a *zip.zip file to your previous message; that's 1 zip too much ... :P

Edited by throkr
typo + added BTW

Thanks for the steps, @throkr.

@RTL434 Does the error consistently get logged each time Malwarebytes starts up?

Please try the following scenarios one-by-one and check if the error is logged for any of them:

1. Right-click the Malwarebytes tray app in the notification area/system tray and click Quit Malwarebytes. Wait ~15 seconds and relaunch Malwarebytes.
  2. Ensure Malwarebytes is running and restart the computer (Start button > Power button > Restart).
  3. Ensure Malwarebytes is running, shut down the computer (Start button > Power button > Shut down) and then power back on.

@LiquidTension  No the error does not seem to be consistent. I powered this PC up at 07:34 this morning and it had the error. Powered up at 11:06 to do as you requested and it didn't show the error.  I installed the 4.0.2.44 on all my three desktops and laptop yesterday. Desktop 3 and the laptop are fine. Desktops 1 and 2 show the error.  I have run your request twice on both those PC's. 

C35_errors_test_sequence_report.docx EventLogsDesk1.zip mbst-grab-results-Desk1.zip C35_Errors.zip EventLogsDesk2.zip mbst-grab-results-Desk2.zip

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...