Installation assistance

Can anyone provide some assistance?  I uses the examples for the silent install and it assigns the endpoint to the Default Policy.  Below is the command I used

Below are the command lines I have attempted

msiexec /quiet /i Setup.MBEndpointAgent.x64.msi GROUP=<Copied to Clipboard from icon next to Group> (tried with and without quotations)

msiexec /i Setup.MBEndpointAgent.x64.msi GROUP=<Copied to Clipboard from icon next to Group> (tried with and without quotations) /qn

msiexec /i Setup.MBEndpointAgent.x64.msi /quiet GROUP=<Copied to Clipboard from icon next to Group> (tried with and without quotations)

msiexec /i Setup.MBEndpointAgent.x64.msi GROUP=<Copied to Clipboard from icon next to Group> (tried with and without quotations) /quiet

So I am wondering if there is a delay on when the group gets applied to the endpoint after installation or could there be an issue with communication between cloud.malwarebytes.com and the endpoint?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

On 9/19/2019 at 11:32 AM, JKIRK4885 said:

Can anyone provide some assistance?  I uses the examples for the silent install and it assigns the endpoint to the Default Policy.  Below is the command I used

Below are the command lines I have attempted

msiexec /quiet /i Setup.MBEndpointAgent.x64.msi GROUP=<Copied to Clipboard from icon next to Group> (tried with and without quotations)

msiexec /i Setup.MBEndpointAgent.x64.msi GROUP=<Copied to Clipboard from icon next to Group> (tried with and without quotations) /qn

msiexec /i Setup.MBEndpointAgent.x64.msi /quiet GROUP=<Copied to Clipboard from icon next to Group> (tried with and without quotations)

msiexec /i Setup.MBEndpointAgent.x64.msi GROUP=<Copied to Clipboard from icon next to Group> (tried with and without quotations) /quiet

So I am wondering if there is a delay on when the group gets applied to the endpoint after installation or could there be an issue with communication between cloud.malwarebytes.com and the endpoint?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Update: If I manually move the endpoint to the group I am wanting, and then delete the endpoint, reboot machine, re-install with same command, it adds the endpoint to the group I want, not the Default Group.

• Staff

Hi @JKIRK4885,

I've refreshed your installers on the back end. If you would, please try downloading a fresh .msi installer from your Cloud Console, then run the following command from an elevated command prompt: msiexec /i Setup.MBEndpointAgent.x64.msi GROUP=YOURGUID /quiet

There should not be a delay, the endpoint should join the group immediately once it connects to the console. Regarding the endpoint returning to its previously assigned group, this is likely due to configuration files remaining from the previous agent installation on that machine.

Let me know if this gets it working for you!

• 2 weeks later...