Windows Police Pro

wlindy27

Hi malwarebytes! I've been a user of malwarebytes for sometime, but now even the best anti-malware program out there can't help me. I left my gmail account open one day, and after I came home I had a virus called Windows Police Pro. I followed a guide to help me remove, but mine version of Windows Police Pro must have been different, or more advanced even. I now have no deskt op icons, no taskbar, and cannot run explorer.exe. I can't run malware bytes setup or the installed version I have. I really need some help! :) Thanks in advance!

• Staff

Hi and welcome to Malwarebytes.

Please visit this webpage for instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

• When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.
  • Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt along with a new HijackThis log so we may continue cleaning the system.

-screen317

Hi and welcome to Malwarebytes.

Please visit this webpage for instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

• When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.
  • Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt along with a new HijackThis log so we may continue cleaning the system.

-screen317

Thank you for your advice screen, however I am unable to run ComboFix. What else can you suggest?

• Staff

Hi,

Delete your copy of ComboFix and download a fresh copy. Before you download it though, rename it to wlindy27.bat

Make sure you save it to your Desktop.

Now, navigate to Start --> Run, and enter the following command, exactly as shown:

"%userprofile%\desktop\wlindy27.bat" /killall

See if it runs now. If not, we will pursue alternate methods.

-screen317

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Delete your copy of ComboFix and download a fresh copy. Before you download it though, rename it to wlindy27.bat

Make sure you save it to your Desktop.

Now, navigate to Start --> Run, and enter the following command, exactly as shown:

"%userprofile%\desktop\wlindy27.bat" /killall

See if it runs now. If not, we will pursue alternate methods.

-screen317

I could not get that code to work, so I did a browse for my combofix, then added killall to the end and that was allowed by the run prompt, but combofix still didn't load.

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!

The fixes and advice in this thread are for this machine only. Do not apply the instructions from this thread to your own machine. Please start a new thread describing your issue and someone will be along to assist you.