Jobee

You are already protected message - can't install malware

I am downloading malware but when I run it I get this message? What can I do to get passed this? Both buttons take me to Windows security but not sure what to do there.

image.png.e546c4cacdb5b0172e1403f519b43a13.png

Hi, :welcome:

My name is Maurice. I will be helping and guiding you, going forward on this case.

Please follow my directions as we go along.  Please do not do any changes on your own without first checking with me.

If you will be away for more than 3 consecutive days,  do try to let me know ahead of time, as much as possible.

Please only just attach   all report files, etc  that I ask for as we go along.

What version of Windows is this ?   is it Windows 10 ?   and if so, which Version and build number ?   if you know.

You should be able to over-ride that little message-window   ...... click on change my app recommendation settings >

and see for an over-ride this way.......

Select Start  > Settings  > Apps > Apps & features.

Under Installing apps,  To stop seeing app recommendations, select  Turn off app recommendations   

then,

Please prepare by first closing any open work; saving any work in progress. Close them so you can have better view.

Ideally, if possible, do a Windows Restart. Then proceed.

the Malwarebytes installer is at this link

Please use this link

download and save the setup file . It will automatically download. Just SAVE first.

1.    Double-click mb3-setup-consumer-3.8.3.2965-1.0.625-1.0.12595.exe to start the Malwarebytes for Windows setup.

Reply YES to let Windows proceed forward with setup.

2.    Follow the installation instructions to complete setup.

Watch all of the process. Have lots of patience.
Let me know how it goes. When setup has completed, my suggestion is always to do a Windows Restart.

Please let me know how this goes.

Sincerely.

Edited by Maurice Naggar

This looks like it could be a Windows computer in "S" mode. I just had the first one in my shop this week. 

How to Check If You’re Using S Mode

You can check whether you’re using S Mode by heading to Settings > System > About. On the About page, scroll down to the “Windows Specifications” section.

If you see the words “in S mode” to the right the Edition entry, you’re using an S Mode PC. If you don’t, you’re not using S Mode.

img_5b0dc6636f33d.png.pagespeed.ce.anFIa5ejmf.png

Edited by Porthos

14 hours ago, Maurice Naggar said:

Hi, :welcome:

My name is Maurice. I will be helping and guiding you, going forward on this case.

Please follow my directions as we go along.  Please do not do any changes on your own without first checking with me.

If you will be away for more than 3 consecutive days,  do try to let me know ahead of time, as much as possible.

Please only just attach   all report files, etc  that I ask for as we go along.

What version of Windows is this ?   is it Windows 10 ?   and if so, which Version and build number ?   if you know.

You should be able to over-ride that little message-window   ...... click on change my app recommendation settings >

and see for an over-ride this way.......

Select Start  > Settings  > Apps > Apps & features.

Under Installing apps,  To stop seeing app recommendations, select  Turn off app recommendations   

then,

Please prepare by first closing any open work; saving any work in progress. Close them so you can have better view.

Ideally, if possible, do a Windows Restart. Then proceed.

the Malwarebytes installer is at this link

Please use this link

download and save the setup file . It will automatically download. Just SAVE first.

1.    Double-click mb3-setup-consumer-3.8.3.2965-1.0.625-1.0.12595.exe to start the Malwarebytes for Windows setup.

Reply YES to let Windows proceed forward with setup.

2.    Follow the installation instructions to complete setup.

Watch all of the process. Have lots of patience.
Let me know how it goes. When setup has completed, my suggestion is always to do a Windows Restart.

Please let me know how this goes.

Sincerely.

Thank you - this worked. Much appreciated. Less stress. Super happy!

Glad to read this news.  If you need something else, let us know.

Cheers.    😎