Ztruker

False Positives Object Rexx 4.2,0

Last MBAM Premium 4.0.1.31 Beta scan found 4 false positives with OORexx (Object Rexx). I captured the window which attached, but when I saved the scan data as a txt file it doesn't show the OORexx FP.MBAM4.0.1.31Beta.jpg.c429fec5cdf7827d597b44707290ce42.jpgMBAM4.01BetaWrongMalwareDetect.txt

Don't see any way tp edit a post so have to make another. Ran another scan and this time it did not FP on any OORexx files.

Hello @Ztruker:

1. The False Positive (FP) reporting process has been expanded and mechanized for MB4.Beta.  Please use the appropriate fp-tracker utility for this and future reports.

2. Post editing was removed for the lower member ranks until you have reached an upper ranking.  This was done to impede spam attacks.

Please resend your FP report using the utility.  Thank you for taking the time to test the MB4 Beta and your report.

Edited by 1PW

Hi @Ztruker,

Thanks for the report.

What you've encountered is an issue with the current beta version, involving detections that should not be displayed to the user. This is the reason why they're not present in the exported text file.

This issue will be fixed in the next beta version.

In the meantime, I suggest excluding the detections if they're detected again at the end of a scan. To do so, uncheck the detections -> click Next -> click Always Ignore.