all suggeted fixes start, then disappear

seocom

Hi,

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give me.

I have a Toshiba laptop with XP Pro sp2

Problems started after I downloaded and ran a program called Mini.Stream.Ripper.2.7.45089.exe. (Supposed to be a program that allows you to record an online audio stream.) I ran the install, nothing happened, and the install program even erased itself. (Big Oh, Oh at this point. That's why I tried to run Malwarebytes right away.) I do have another copy of this Mini.Stream program that I downloaded again after the first one disappeared (attached file to this message), if it would help.

I read through the self-help sections and have tried various things mentioned. Results as follows:

1/ Malwarebytes will run once after install, but just disappears shortly after starting.

I renamed setup file.

I renamed mbam.exe.

I installed to different folders.

As mentioned above, it starts once, allows me to updated virus file, starts scan, then just disappears. After this, I cannot start program as it gives me the no access message, so I cannot even give any log files.

2/ Tried HijackThis Logs.

It starts, then just disappears like Malwarebytes.

3/ Tried RootReapeal.

The same thing, it starts, then just disappears like the other two programs.

4/ Looked for non-Plug and play driver similar to TDSSserv.sys, but could not find anything.

5/ AVG Free does not come up with anything, so sorry I do not even have a name to give you for whatever this infection is.

I even tried Kaspersky online scanner, but it comes up with nothing except a couple of old things transferred from prior machine (two not-a-virus hits)

Your program has helped me out of a jam in the past, but this time whatever it is will not let Malwarebytes do it's thing, so you guys must be doing something right if they are afraid of you.

Thanks again,

Stan...

• 4 weeks later...