b52gunr

New Beta User - Scan Schedule Interface

I downloaded beta 4.1 a couple of days ago.  On Win10 HP Pavilion laptop, installation was uneventful.  The scheduled scans have worked without issue, taking just under four minutes.  The interface is generally  very clean however it was initially unclear to me where the scan scheduler was.  There was the Scan button, which initiates the scan, but in was not intuitive where to set up the scheduler since the mouse icon does not change.  Clicking on the Scan block does provide access to the scan scheduler, but it was a guess for me to get there.  Otherwise, I love MB.

Hi @b52gunr,

Thanks for the feedback!

We'll eventually have an (optional) in-application feature tour that goes over the main changes. This should somewhat help reduce potential confusion with accessing features such as the Scan Scheduler.

With that said, we certainly do appreciate where you're coming from. Changing the cursor when it's hovered over one of the cards ("Detection History", "Scanner" or "Real-Time Protection") is something we're actually already considering.

If there are any other areas where you feel we could do a better job of highlighting a particular user action, please do let us know!

Edited by LiquidTension