Sign In Failure

NeilA

I have had the need to Sign In to the Malwarebytes site and to the Forums pages on multiple occasions in the past few days, as I am one of the Beta 4 Test users.

Every Sign In fails !!!!!!!!!!!! It shows the Informational message  The username or password was incorrect. Please try again (make sure your caps lock is off).

Every time I choose the "Forgot Password" option, wait for the email, click the link contained therein, enter the same password twice (classed as Strong) and submit.

I am immediately signed in to the correct forum etc. HOWEVER, as soon as I Sign Out, I am not allowed to Sign back In, receiving the same error as mentioned above. 

I have now done this 6 times and still have the same problem.

How can this be fixed?? It doesn't happen with any other log ons. I use Windows 10 Home as the OS.

Greetings,

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues logging into the forums.  Please try a different web browser as that usually corrects the issue.  There are several options available including Chrome, Firefox, Edge (both the standard version and the new Chromium based Edge beta from Microsoft), SRWare Iron, Vivaldi, Opera and many others, many of which have portable versions which you can use without having to actually install them (you just download and extract the ZIP file for the portable build and run the browser from the location of the folder you extracted from the ZIP archive).  Obviously this isn't the most convenient fix, however until the forum admins are able to determine what might be causing the issue and get it fixed it should at least allow you to log off and log back on again without having to reset your password assuming it works.

I hope this helps, but please let us know if it does not.

Thanks

It sounds as if your browser may be Autofilling your login with the wrong password/username.

Try going into your browser settings and lookin for 'saved passwords' or similar.

Delete what is saved for the forum and then go to the forum webpage again.

When you login -using the correct name/password - you can tell the browser to save it again.

• Root Admin

Unfortunately there is nothing to fix from the forum software. If this was a feature of the forum software it would happen to all users which it does not. This has something to do with your browser or some other setting or hardware on your system.

Please try restarting your computer or using another Web browser as mentioned by @exile360

Which browser are you currently using?

Aha, that explains it.  No worries, I've done the same thing myself countless times on various sites.  It is confusing that some sites/services use your email address as your username while others have you create a separate username but still require your email address.  It definitely makes keeping track of all your logins/info more of a chore, but I guess at the same time it can be good for security, that way anyone who knows your email address can't just try to brute force their way into your online accounts by simply guessing your password as they'd still need your user name.

Anyway, I'm glad you got the issue sorted and if there's anything else we might be able to help you with please don't hesitate to let us know :)