Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Memory Usage

jelrik

Hello And Welkom i open this new topic for everybody.

i Check the memory usage of Malwarebytes' and i was Shocked! :)

almost 40MB

NOW I WANT YOU ALL OTHER Forum members to post how much Memory usage Malwarebytes' Uses Only For FULL Version!!!

With Real-Time Protection. just to check. and then of the Malwarebytes' Team Coud Improve thath

Thank You

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY COMPUTER

malwarebytesmemoryusage.jpg

Hi,

NOW I WANT YOU ALL OTHER (...)
I don't think this is necessary.

mbamservice : 30 Mb here (XP), loading fast and fine. Agreed, Swagger, this is not bad, and if we compare to some browsers, antivirus, firewalls and some security suites, it's even good.

Now everything depends on how much memory you have. I have 4 Gb, and I really don't care. If you have more than 1Gb (for XP), usually you even don't need to look at memory, especially when it loads fast. If you experience slow downs, this may be related to the OS itself or other programs.

How do you tell how much memory (in terms of mb, etc...) a program is using?

Edit: I think I just figured it out :)

MBAM Pro loads pretty quickly for me, and it doesn't bog down my system :)

I agree with Falkra also, I don't think it is necessary for us all to post, I was just posting because I am curious myself to see how much it uses.

@ Exile

I know your last post wasn't to me, but I just wanted to pipe in and say that at least for me, Spyware Doctor slowed down my system considerably. My system would crawl. I had to ask for a refund. Nothing like that at ALL for Malwarebytes :) I hardly notice it running in the background! All I need to see is the little red and white M in the taskbar :)

Memory amount is not really the factor, memory percentage is. On my computer, MBAM uses less memory than Thunderbid, Firefox, and explorer.exe, as long as you don't experience slow downs, no problem ; anyway, memory usage is not constant, and you didn't post your memory amount.

Well, screen317 said it better using the words I should have used in my previous post. :)

I think a lot of people are obsessed by memory usage, because they have enough knowledge to test programs and see how they work. This is good.

The bad part is that knowledge can create problems, let's thiink about optimization, for example. Some people use memory/ram optimizers, to "defragment" ram, but the NT6 kernel handles (quite) correctly memory segments, and this is not really useful, it can even cause trouble. Some try to get the shortest HijackThis report, but this is only good-looking when you make a report : if you don't notice any significant difference while using the computer, it is (in my opinion) useless.

When you take half an hour to fully optimize your computer, and it boots faster, let's say 2 seconds faster (which is good), you have to boot 1800 times to get back the time it took to optimize. Performance is not the point here : if you get something, it might be knowledge. I may be wrong and this is my conception - there are others, as legitimate as this one - of what is worth trying or not, and how I use time on a computer, but if there's no trouble or excessive memory usage (for example memory leaks that have to be fixed), I think there's nothing special to do, except upgrading hardware from time to time or look at the OS version itself.

30, 40 Mb, I think this is okay, if I compare to other software and I think about the features I get.

@ Falkra

He said it well too :)

You're right, a lot of people do seem to be obsessed with memory usage.

Thanks for explaining all that to me, it makes more sense now :)

Thank for your posts, you're welcome. :)

You're right, a lot of people do seem to be obsessed with memory usage.
This is a logical evolution. Before windows 2000 and XP, the memory managers were not really good, or to be precise, not adapted any more to what people started to need, and how programs were changing. To compensate or fix the issues, a lot of programs appeared, like memory optimizers, registry fixers (norton utilities was one of the first home products to have one), and people started to fix things and optimize.

At the moment, cleaning temp folders, "defragmenting" ram and some other operations made sense, but the OSes got updated and fixed a lot of things. OSes change faster than habits, and a lot of us remember times when we had to check memory usage, or when friends did and told them. Now, depending on hardware capabilities and memory amounts, this is not really necessary, but it can be fascinating, and watching memory usage isn't bad at all, but Windows itself handles it quite well, and when the programs are well written, they free memory when they don't need it.

In the last changelog, i can read :

# (FIXED) Drastically improved product load speed on slower machines.

# (FIXED) Improved memory usage in scanner and protection module.

That's enough for me : the developer team didn't forget slow machines users, and gave to all of us more performance (the database optimization also was great). :)

@ Falkra

You are welcome too :)

This is a logical evolution....

Thank you for explaining that to me too! Now it makes much more sense to me :)

As for your comments about the changelog, I agree!