Nazareno

Analysis before starting the operating system.

Greetings,

So far an offline scan function hasn't been needed, especially with the self-protection and anti-rootkit components, however if such a function is required I am sure they will provide one.

I've seen systems that were so full of crap that you couldn't run any program, not even the portables... I think this option should be taken into account. Thank you very much for your answer. Best regards.

26 minutes ago, Nazareno said:

I've seen systems that were so full of crap that you couldn't run any program, not even the portables... I think this option should be taken into account. Thank you very much for your answer. Best regards.

If a system is that screwed up, I would not trust anything less than a reformat after saving and scanning data.

15 minutes ago, Porthos said:

If a system is that screwed up, I would not trust anything less than a reformat after saving and scanning data.

For me this is always the last option, although Windows has improved a lot and allows reinstalling the system while keeping the data.

27 minutes ago, Nazareno said:

I'm sorry, but I forgot about this application that was developed by you some time ago. I apologize again for creating this theme.

https://es.malwarebytes.com/chameleon/

Yes, Chameleon has proven quite powerful in the past.  It isn't in use with Malwarebytes today except for its self-protection driver, however I'm sure they would update it for the current version of Malwarebytes if the bad guys start trying to block Malwarebytes again the way they used to.

8 minutes ago, Nazareno said:

For me this is always the last option, although Windows has improved a lot and allows reinstalling the system while keeping the data.

Agreed, I try to avoid a format if possible, if only because I hate to lose.  Unfortunately sometimes it is the only option, but only as a last resort.

It also occurs to me that you can have an analysis option on a cmd like EEK has but logically make it easier to use. 

1.png.879cd703f139477681e4d6b7ff376806.png

👍

They probably wouldn't publish a CMD based scanner for home use just to avoid cannibalizing their technician and business products.