Clarifications regarding the permissions / privileges of the extension

Massimiliano

1845505802_Schermata2019-09-15alle14_37_54.jpg.0764c2dc1f0043965fa9752b47b0d444.jpg

Malwarebytes Browser Guard for Firefox

I would be interested in having clarifications regarding
access to website data
access to browser tabs

How does the extension behave in terms of privacy?

For example, regarding the web forms in which sensitive data are entered (user names, passwords, credit cards, otp), content displayed using home-banking or similar, webmail, etc.

Thanks to anyone who will clarify my ideas

Have a nice Sunday

Max

The browser extension has to be able to read website data in order to detect and block malicious/unwanted sites (especially for the behavior based blocking components such as tech support scam detection/blocking and phishing detection/blocking), however Malwarebytes does not intercept any keystrokes/form data as that would be a major privacy/security violation.

You can learn more about Malwarebytes Browser Guard by reviewing the information found in the FAQ as well as the Malwarebytes Browser Guard guide.

I hope this helps to clarify things, and if there is anything else we might assist you with please let us know.

Thanks