How can I find out that your program, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, works righ

MAM

Do not force another run of Combofix.     Please lets slow down a bit.

Lets instead see if we can do this next search  using FRST64 tool.

Start FRST64      ( which is on your DESLTOP).
Type the following ( better yet, use COPY  then Paste)   into the search box exactly as show then press the Search Files button

SearchAll: combofix.txt

Please wait while the program searches for all entries relating to this program, when done a search.txt log will be saved to the desktop. Please attach this log to your next reply.

and let us just do a regular scan with Malwarebytes for Windows.

Start Malwarebytes from the Start menu.

Click the SCAN button.
Select a Threat Scan ( which should be the default).

When the scan phase is done, be real sure you Review and have all detected lines items check-marked on each line on the left. That too is very critical.

Then click on Quarantine selected.......   if any items are tagged & listed.

Be sure all items were removed   ..... if any found

I am very very glad to know that the last scan with Malwarebytes for Windows resulted in a good result !

I believe you have uninstalled the prior antivirus.   and I see that FRST reports no resident antivirus.

As to the Combofix tool, I see you downloaded it 4 times to the Download folder.   We only needed 1 copy.

Use Windows Explorer so that you go to the DOWNLOADS folder.

Look for the red-lion icon for the Combofix.

Do a right-click on it and select Run as Administrator

and reply YES when prompted about it.   Let it proceed forward.

Have lots of patience.  

Your desktop may go blank. This is normal. It will return when ComboFix is done. ComboFix may reboot your machine. This is normal.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you, C:\ComboFix.txt. Attach that log in your next reply.

NOTE: If you encounter a message "illegal operation attempted on registry key that has been marked for deletion" and no programs will run - please just reboot and that will resolve that error.

Thank you.

If you manage to get it to run, then Great.   If not, lets not spend any other time on this.

We can run some other checks.

Lets forget about running Combofix !   You have tried too many times already.   Delete all Combifix exe files that you have on this system.

Lets do a small recap.

Malwarebytes for Windows found no malware.   Eset Online Scanner found nothing

And you  completed a run with Adwcleaber.

To this point here, we have no report indicating an actual infection.

Here is one or two other scans you can do for other tests.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner  is a free Microsoft stand-alone virus scanner that  can be used to scan for & remove malware or potentially unwanted software from a system.

The download links & the how-to-run-the tool are at this link at Microsoft

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/intelligence/safety-scanner-download

Let me know the result of this.

[ 2 ]

Let's have you run the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool   (  MS  MSRT ).

This tool is a limited one.  It targets some specific "common" malicious threats.  It is a tool run typically once a month when your Windows does a Windows Update check.

I would just like a one time on demand run.

Point your browser to this MS website link    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/malicious-software-removal-tool-details.aspx

Look to see it matches your language & your version of Windows in terms of 64-bit or 32-bit

Download and save the tool.   Then go to the folder where saved  ( should be the Downloads folder).  

Double click the tool   and allow it to Run.   It should not take more than 12 - 15 minutes.

Hello,

here are the Log from Combofix.

I'm not sure if my computer is clean, I do not think so. So that I have caught something with in the past. And now that's the way it is. And I think I do not get the updates, for Malwarebytes anti-malware .... And apparently I do not have all the updates on it with me for Windows 7 Pro 64 bit ....

Thank you for helping me.

EDIT: I startet in the normal mode, is this a Problem ?

MAM

log.txt

Edited by MAM

Hi.   Thank you for the Combifx log reports.   We only just wanted one run.   Not two.

I noticed a large number of drivers left on this system.   Apparently prior un-noticed attempted runs of Combofix ?

The following is a cleanup for those drivers.

Please save any  ( all ) open work files before starting this.

I am attaching a custom fix-script named CFSCRIPT.txt

Please save it to the DESKTOP

You may want to print out or copy these instructions to Notepad for offline reference!
These steps are for  member MAM  only. If you are a casual viewer, do NOT try this on your system!
If you are not MAM and have a similar problem, do NOT post here;  start your own topic

image.png.9c18e393b23e1f9dbf46ccb78b36eabb.png

• Referring to the screenshot above   ( as a exampled)  , put your mouse on CFSCRIPT & click once with the left-mouse click & then   drag CFScript.txt  over onto ComboFix.exe   ( the red-lion icon).
  • ComboFix may request an update; please allow it.
  • ComboFix will now run the script on your system. 
  • It may reboot your system when it finishes. This is normal.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you.
  • Copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply.
  • it shall produce a log for you, C:\ComboFix.txt. Attach that log in your next reply.

CAUTION: Do not mouse-click ComboFix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.

CFScript.txt

Edited by Maurice Naggar

IF the file appeared on NOTEPAD   just please CLOSE it.

We just ant the CFSSCRIPT to be on the DESKTOP.

then using the mouse,  grab the CFSCRIPT  file  and drag it  and then drop it on to the red-licon icon of Combofix

put your mouse on CFSCRIPT & click once with the left-mouse click & then  Hold it  and      drag CFScript.txt  over onto ComboFix.exe   ( the red-lion icon).

image.png.72b74024d4ef16d914c0767e4900e754.png

Yes, you did well.   The cleanup is accomplished.

Now we no longer need Combofix.exe

Locate the file combofix.exe

Use your mouse,  Right-click on combofix.exe  & select Rename and rename it to Uninstall.exe

Double click on uninstall.exe  to execute the file   and let it proceed.   It will self-delete  & cleanup itself.

Ja, du hast es gut gemacht. Die Bereinigung ist abgeschlossen.

Jetzt brauchen wir Combofix.exe nicht mehr

Suchen Sie die Datei combofix.exe

Verwenden Sie Ihre Maus, klicken Sie mit der rechten Maustaste auf combofix.exe und wählen Sie Umbenennen und benennen Sie es in Uninstall.exe um

Doppelklicken Sie auf uninstall.exe, um die Datei auszuführen und fortzufahren. Es wird sich selbst löschen und bereinigen.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner  is a free Microsoft stand-alone virus scanner that  can be used to scan for & remove malware or potentially unwanted software from a system.

The download links & the how-to-run-the tool are at this link at Microsoft

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/intelligence/safety-scanner-download

Let me know the result of this.

Ich möchte, dass Sie diesen Scan mit einem Microsoft-Tool durchführen.
Der Microsoft-Sicherheitsscanner ist ein kostenloser eigenständiger Virenscanner von Microsoft, mit dem Malware oder potenziell unerwünschte Software auf einem System gesucht und von diesem entfernt werden kann.

Die Download-Links und die Anleitung zum Ausführen des Tools finden Sie unter diesem Link bei Microsoft

Lassen Sie mich das Ergebnis wissen.

Edited by Maurice Naggar

Hi.   I am glad to learn that the Safety Scanner at Microsoft  reported a clean result.

I do believe that there is not a current infection here.

Malwarebytes for Windows found no malware.   Eset Online Scanner found nothing

And you  completed a run with Adwcleaber.

To this point here, we have no report indicating an actual infection.

Let's have you run the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool   (  MS  MSRT ).

This tool is a limited one.  It targets some specific "common" malicious threats.  It is a tool run typically once a month when your Windows does a Windows Update check.

I would just like a one time on demand run.

Point your browser to this MS website link    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/malicious-software-removal-tool-details.aspx

Look to see it matches your language & your version of Windows in terms of 64-bit

Download and save the tool.   Then go to the folder where saved  ( should be the Downloads folder).  

Double click the tool   and allow it to Run.   It should not take more than 12 - 15 minutes.

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks