ctfmon

mountaintree16

I seem to have it running all the time in my processes...

It appears to be a part of Microsoft Office. The only Microsoft on this computer was a 2007 Student Trial version, which I downloaded in 2007 and haven't used since 2 months after downloading it.

I decided to uninstall it last night as it was not needed any longer, to free up space, and also to see if ctfmon.exe would go away.

It has not gone away... I'm sure its harmless but I just want to check to make sure :)

Does anyone know what ctfmon.exe is?

@ Exile

Ah, okay. Darn, I was hoping it would go away with the uninstallation of the Office trial. :) At least I freed up 308 MB!

Well, I trust you, so if you say its harmless to leave it there, I guess I'll just leave it then :)

@ Exile

I think I'd have to install a trial again, as we have no disc and the program did not come with the computer, and I agree either way, it would be a pain :)

I think I'll take you up on that at some point, but not tonight, going to sleep soon :)