jroggsr

Malwarebytes use with Kaspersky Total Security v20

Just installed latest version of Kaspersky Total Security, v20.0.14.1085(c). Was informed by the install program that v20... would not work properly with existing Malwarebytes program, v3.8.3, and would automatically remove it during the install. So, now I am wondering if a new version of Malwarebytes is forthcoming. Btw, I have a premium license for seven (7) devices.

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column
    0. UI.png
  7. Click the Gather Logs button
    17. Advanced.png
  8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer
    19. System Repair Progress.png
  9. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
  10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Greetings,

There actually is a new version of Malwarebytes currently in development, however it is still quite a ways out as it is in the early beta phase of testing and is planned to be a major release with many changes and enhancements, including an entirely new UI, however in the meantime it is quite likely that there will be one or more minor updates to the current version of Malwarebytes 3.x, one of which may certainly address this issue.  With that said, having first-hand experience as a former Malwarebytes employee who had the responsibility of sending our builds to Kaspersky with each release for whitelisting, I suspect that either they have changed their policy with regards to Malwarebytes for some reason (long ago they did the same thing they are doing now until we proved to them through validated testing that our products were completely compatible with one another in real-time after which they stopped removing our product or detecting it/listing it as incompatible), or a recent change in Kaspersky's latest release has broken that compatibility.  My guess is that they simply haven't tested it fully yet alongside our product and are simply playing it safe since they have no doubt made changes to their protection and scanning components with this new major version release and so they will probably back off of detecting Malwarebytes as incompatible once the Malwarebytes team works with them to validate that the two can work together on the same system without conflicts or at least do so once any existing conflicts have been resolved (assuming there actually are any; again, I doubt it and I believe they are just playing it safe as this has long been their policy to detect all third party security applications as incompatible, including ones that don't even include any real-time protection components just to avoid any potential technical support issues with unsupported software configurations).

Anyway, I have already made the Product team aware of this issue, so hopefully we will see a resolution to the situation soon.

Thanks for the valuable info. I'll reinstall Malwarebytes, and see if any conflicts arise.

Excellent, I'm glad I could help.  Please let us know how it goes and if you have any issues.  Any details you can provide would help the Malwarebytes Developers to ensure future compatibility if there actually are any issues.

Thanks

Thank you Exile.  Can you keep us updated when there is compatibility again? For now, I am just going to go with Kaspersky, but would still prefer Malwarebytes too, not only as secondary, but because I noticed it warned about about and blocked exploits from some web pages that Kaspersky seemed to miss, or at least Malwarebytes detected the exploits first..

Thanks.

I will do my best to keep an eye on it, but since I just help out on the forums here I won't have access to any direct QA testing data or internal information so I'll flag a member of the Support team to check this thread and hopefully they'll be able to follow the progress on the situation and keep us all informed with any updates.

@LiquidTension would you please investigate the Kaspersky compatibility issue with their latest release (the 2020 version which claims Malwarebytes is incompatible) and let us know if/when the issue is resolved?  I know we've dealt with this issue in the past through QA validation and passing the test data on to Kaspersky to have them remove Malwarebytes from the incompatible software list so that the two programs may be used together so I am hopeful that you guys will be able to do the same with this release.

Thanks for the report. We're investigating this further and will see if we can work directly with Kaspersky.

Keep in mind that this can be skipped simply by removing the checkmark next to "Malwarebytes version 3.x". This will allow you to proceed with the Kaspersky installation whilst retaining your Malwarebytes installation. Afterwards, you can configure mutual exclusions in either product to reduce the likelihood of any conflicts occurring. For details on what exclusions to enter into Kaspersky, refer to the following article.

image.png.bcdf4d16af1dfd10583057530df96850.png

Sorry it took so long to respond. I could install Malwarebytes before (using above method) or after Kaspersky, and everything worked just fine. Problem solved.

However, since the middle of October, I have re-installed Windows 10 at least a dozen times, with numerous crashes, freezes, etc. This , I think has been primarily caused by the latest windows updates. Before that date, it did not matter what I installed on my desktop and laptop computers, nor the install sequence. Since the latest updates, along with Malwarebytes 4.0, and Kaspersky 2020 Internet Security Suite, I have not had a stable computer.

I finally gave up the battle on my laptop and went to Linux 19.2, and have not had any issues since. In addition, the boot-up speed/shut-down speed is impressively fast with a very stable computer (MSI GT72 2QD Dominator).

I have tried different installation sequences and scenarios with not much luck. To further my quest for a stable desktop, I installed Acronis TrueImage 2020, and started several tests. As a result, my conclusions are as follows: 

(1) stable computer until last two programs installed - Malwarebytes 4.0 and Kaspersky Total Security 2020

(2) stable computer with addition of Malwarebytes installation, but not Kaspersky

(3) HAVE NOT YET TESTED Kaspersky installation without Malwarebytes

Appears that Kaspersky and Malwarebytes need to work together to resolve this issue, with input from Microsoft. I do not know how much of an issue this is with anyone else; but, I NEVER have had any kind of computer stability issues, in spite of other peoples problems, through the years, until now.

Have read latest info from  "Malwarebytes not working any more with KIS 20.0.14.1085 (e)" topic, so will obviously follow this thread until some sort of solution can be found. I guess you can close this topic. Thanks.

18 minutes ago, jroggsr said:

I do not know how much of an issue this is with anyone else; but, I NEVER have had any kind of computer stability issues, in spite of other peoples problems, through the years, until now.

The latest version of Kaspersky is known to have problems with Malwarebytes.  Please try temporarily disabling Kaspersky and then installing Malwarebytes, and if that works, then once Malwarebytes is installed, disable the Ransomware Protection component in Malwarebytes as it is known to cause system performance issues when used alongside Kaspersky's latest version.  You can disable Ransomware Protection by right-clicking on the Malwarebytes tray icon near your system clock and clicking where it says Ransomware Protection: On and then click Yes if prompted by User Account Control.