Check for Updates Tray icon link

John A

I'm sure they haven't updated the tray's menu/functions yet as the 4.x beta so far is far from complete, but doesn't the check for updates option in 3.x do the same thing (opening the UI to the main Dashboard tab)?  I seem to recall it working that way, and I assume that either they're going to change the tray menu for the final 4.x release or they will change what it does by the time it is released.  Still, it's good to document what works and what doesn't of course in case anyone was unaware.

Malwarebytes version 3 does indeed open to the UI to the dashboard as well. However, with version 3, there is indication on the dashboard that a check is being performed (with "Updates: Current" being displayed once the check has completed).

We've certainly made a note of all the user feedback provided on the update process in Malwarebytes version 4 and are looking into different methods of improving the overall experience with this.

Edited by LiquidTension