AragainFalls

2.0.2 crashes on Chromebook

The 2.1.0 version for v. 77 Chromebook is still very much unstable. As stated above it randomly crashe's either when too many ads is showed on a site, or after an popup containing ads appear's.

Thanks for informing me but I'm only concerned with when it is going to be fixed

Hi Hero, TinyHelper,

We are still not able to produce the problem ourselves. However the issue is a common one that many extensions have complained about on the chrome bug tracker (here).

We've taken a look through many of these reports and made many suggested changes to our own extension to try and help. So no guarantee unfortunately, but we are hoping that our new version will fix your problem. You should receive the new version around the end of this week or next week. Let me know after that, if the problem continues or you have anything to add.

1 hour ago, ncar said:

Hi Hero, TinyHelper,

We are still not able to produce the problem ourselves. However the issue is a common one that many extensions have complained about on the chrome bug tracker (here).

We've taken a look through many of these reports and made many suggested changes to our own extension to try and help. So no guarantee unfortunately, but we are hoping that our new version will fix your problem. You should receive the new version around the end of this week or next week. Let me know after that, if the problem continues or you have anything to add.

I will detail the behavior on my Asus Chromebook 302c: The icon shows dimly and only partially compared to my MacBook Pro's Chrome. The number of what I assume are blocked ads shows on the Mac but not on the Chromebook but the extension seems to be "working" as ads are blocked. Also when I hover the cursor over the icon it lists the extension name as it does for every extension displayed at the top of the browser screen, not so on the Malwarebytes for Chromebook. Otherwise I have stated before the Malwarebytes will crash if I click on the icon and when I go to the extension in the Chrome settings it has a repair option that will restore it back to its previous partial functionality..

I am giving you all the details of the many failures as no one else on this forum has appeared to done so. Perhaps they may offer some clues as to what is going wrong.