Scanning multiple drives

Dark_IT

First let me say the UI is a great improvement and the program installed easily on my Win 10 machine. 

Now to business:

1) I currently have 5 internal and 3 external HD's, when I ran the initial scan it only looked at the main drive. The option to scan multiple drives was not intuitive.

2) Once I found the option I added all my drives as well as a start time 06:00 assuming it would scan tomorrow morning, instead it began a new scan right away, I assume because it thought the scan time had passed for today. OK, a little annoying but livable since it didn't prevent me from doing other work.

3) After an hour the program was still scanning but there is no indication of which drive was being scanned or estimated time to completion. 

4) An important feature for me: I opened the entire Microsoft Office Suite of programs (Excel, Word, Visio, Publisher Power Point) and Adobe PhotoShop,  and began work in all of them, to my great surprise there was no degradation in any of the programs and MalwareBytes continued scanning at the same speed. This is fantastic because I'm sure you know there is nothing worse than dealing with program lag.  Well Done!!

• Staff

Hi @Dark_IT,

Thanks for trying out the beta and providing feedback!

18 hours ago, Dark_IT said:

1) I currently have 5 internal and 3 external HD's, when I ran the initial scan it only looked at the main drive.

This is expected behaviour. The default scan type is only for the system drive.

2) Once I found the option I added all my drives as well as a start time 06:00 assuming it would scan tomorrow morning, instead it began a new scan right away, I assume because it thought the scan time had passed for today. OK, a little annoying but livable since it didn't prevent me from doing other work.

When you configured this scheduled scan, did you also change the scan date? Or just the start time?

3) After an hour the program was still scanning but there is no indication of which drive was being scanned or estimated time to completion. 

Thanks for this feedback. We've had similar feedback from other users on the status information that's displayed during an in-progress scan. Our user interface team are aware of this.

4) An important feature for me: I opened the entire Microsoft Office Suite of programs (Excel, Word, Visio, Publisher Power Point) and Adobe PhotoShop,  and began work in all of them, to my great surprise there was no degradation in any of the programs and MalwareBytes continued scanning at the same speed. This is fantastic because I'm sure you know there is nothing worse than dealing with program lag.  Well Done!!

That's great to hear. Thank you!