1. Scanning -  seems to work fine. Seems to be faster, but that is purely subjective.
2. Scheduling scans - uses my previous schedule just fine.
3. Customizing your protection - all my settings were kept.
4. The look and feel - you changed it some, but it's still easy to navigate.

I'm running Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit on an AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.41 GHz.

I'm not certain that the freeze was caused by the beta, but it's the only new thing on my PC. It was working fine last night, but when I got up this morning the PC was frozen. The only thing that was working was the pointer for my mouse. Couldn't click anything, couldn't restart, couldn't bring up the task manager. Had to do a hard reset.

I have a scan scheduled every night at 2 am, so maybe that was what happened.

Hi @WolfT,

Thanks for letting us know.

How many times has this happened?

Could you provide us with some additional system information to help narrow down the cause please.
instructions to do so can be found here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2396

-----

If the issue occurs again, it would useful to obtain a memory dump generated in the issue state.
This can be accomplished by forcing the machine to blue screen.

You can configure the machine to blue screen using a particular keyboard key combination.

• Download enable_forced_bsod.reg using the link below:
    https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/8rxpxrwm4jmdz95dg5p1kudymdl4vtzm
  • Open your Downloads folder or location of the downloaded enable_forced_bsod.reg file.
  • Double-click enable_forced_bsod.reg and click Run followed by Yes if prompted by AVOiBNU.jpg User Account Control.
  • Click Yes when prompted to continue.
  • Click OK.
  • Restart your computer.

If the issue does occur again and you find the machine has frozen, carry out the steps below to force a blue scren.

• Hold down the rightmost Ctrl key on your keyboard and press the Scroll Lock key twice.
  • This will force your machine to blue screen. After the computer has rebooted, open the C:\Windows folder and verify a file named MEMORY.dmp is present.
  • Right-click MEMORY.dmp and click Send to followed by Compressed (zipped) folder. If prompted to save the file to your Desktop, click Yes.
  • Upon completion, upload the Zip file to a file hosting service (e.g. Google Drive, OneDrive, WeTransfer.com, etc) and provide a download link in your next reply.
Edited by LiquidTension

Posted (edited)

Hello @WolfT:

Please attach the archive to your next reply here instead of dropbox.

Thank you.

Edited by 1PW

OK, but the instructions said to save it to an external site.  :=)

8 minutes ago, WolfT said:

OK, but the instructions said to save it to an external site.  :=)

The mbst-grab-results.zip can be attached here, The DUMP files are too big and need to be uploaded to an external site.

Hi @WolfT,

Were you able to generate a memory dump as per post #4?

Could you provide some additional information on the issue.

• Is the entire system frozen or just certain applications? Is mouse/keyboard input still possible?
  • Does the freeze last indefinitely or does the system eventually recover?
  • How many times has this occurred? How often does this occur?
  • What were you doing with the computer when the most recent freeze occurred?
  • Are you able to definitively conclude Malwarebytes is responsible?

I didn't know about generating a memory dump. And it doesn't work if the PC is working properly.

It's all frozen except for the mouse pointer.

As far as I can tell, it lasts indefinitely.

This was the second time.

Nothing. As far as I can tell it freezes up when the scheduled scan starts. It finishes scanning when I get it rebooted.

I would say the indication is that Malwarebytes is causing it.

Hi @WolfT,

Your Word document appears to be corrupt.

Please start by updating to the latest beta version: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/252170-a-new-malwarebytes-4-beta-is-now-available/
We recommend uninstalling your current beta installation and then installing the newest version.

After version 4.0.2.44 is installed, please let us know which issues still persist.

Well, I installed the supposed new version, after uninstalling the old one. All I got was the old version even after getting the "new" installer.

So, I'm done. Gone back to the stable version. You guys figure it out.