WarrenTaylor

Browser Guard for Microsoft Edge

1 hour ago, WarrenTaylor said:

Hi,

Is the new Browser Guard released for use in Microsoft Edge?

Thanks

The new Chrome based Edge browser is available in Beta and we are actively testing it with positive results thus far.

Thanks, but is it OK to use in MS Edge browser?

I think MS Edge is now based on the Chromium engine??

Thanks,

warren

Thanks. I'll wait until MS release the chromium version and upgrade Windows to that version and then install MWB Browser Guard alongside my Pro subscription to MWB.

I appreciate your help.

Warren

Just as an FYI... I have been running the Canary, Dev, and Beta versions of the Edge Chromium browser for several months with Malwarebytes Browser Guard installed and it works fine.  So far no problems at all.

Edited by BillH99999

Thanks Bill for this helpful information. As a matter of interest, when you installed the Beta (and Canary, Dev) version based on the Chromium engine, did you uninstall the older MS code version of Edge, or are both versions of Edge running side-by-side?

Thanks

Warren

I have all of them installed side by side on my PC.

Edge Chromium just went live as a beta.  I'm not sure when it will move from beta to general release.  I haven't had any problem with the beta although the dev and canary versions have more features which I'm guessing MS will be rolling into the beta before ii is moved to general release. 

To install Malwarebytes Browser Guard in Edge Chromium just open Edge Chromium, go to the Chrome Web Store, and install MBG.  Any Chrome extension can be used in Edge Chromium as far as I know.

Thanks for sharing that useful experience. I look forwards to Edge Chromium being on general release as part of Win10.