cb14

Malware bytes not connecting

I am unable to use my free Malwarebytes version.  I get a message  "Unable to connect to service" and " Unable to start". 

After a number of trials, I deleted the program and downloaded again. Same result.  Windows 10 OS, ESET paid version as anti virus program.

Greetings,

Please do the following so that we may take a closer look at what might be going on with your Malwarebytes installation and hopefully find a resolution to the problem:

1. Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair)
  3. Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply

Thanks

Hi, unfortunately, I clicked on the " Start Repair" . It fixed the problem but this way we won't know what went wrong there  Something degraded . If it recurs I will follow the instruction more closely.  Thanks.

That's OK, I'm glad the issue is fixed.  Yes, if it returns let us know and we'll gather more info, but hopefully it was just a one-off issue and won't return.

Thank you for providing the logs.  I will be sure to get them to the Product team for analysis so that they may work with the Developers on addressing this issue if they discover any anomalies/bugs in the code.

Thanks again, and if there is anything we might assist you with please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks