Smooth upgrade from v. 3 to 4.0.1.

Ronny-D

Good Day,

I just downloaded and installed v 4.0.1 Beta over the latest version of Malwarebytes 3 without any problems.

1. I like the simplified new interface.
  2. The scan time is about the same as before, but runs smooth.
  3. The scheduled scan time was taken over from the previous version, so I did not make any changes, but once again, I like the new interface. Simple and straight to the point.
  4. Also the look and feel of customizing my protection is very over-sightly and easy to navigate. Therefore very user friendly.

So far I've not seen any problems or conflicts with other apps or programs, especially my virus protection (Avast Premium Security), but the long run will be the real test. if any issues show up, I'll post them on this Blog.

Best Regards,

Ronny-D.

Upgrade was smooth.

I do not like the NEW UI - It seems much slower with the pop out windows etc..to me and not as efficient to use as the existing UI.

Speed is al;ways more important then Looks.

I also ran a manual scan - speed seemed ok but it found 5 Issues and I selected Quarantine an now they have disappeared from any Detection or History report. 

They are NOT under Quarantine they seemed to have just vanished.

3 were detected as Malware under Windows Installers and the others were issues with some lenovo stuff on the laptop. I do not have details since whatever it detected is now gone.

I am testing this on a Windows Insider Laptop that we use for Windows 10 Home. Version 1903 Build 18975.1000

28 minutes ago, Ronny-D said:

If possible, in future upgrades I'd like to see an estimated scan time countdown. Sometimes when doing a scan it comes in handy if you know the estimated scan time left.

We've tried timers in the past, but unfortunately it is virtually impossible to get them anywhere near accurate (it's the same reason that web browsers are terrible at estimating the time remaining for downloads to complete, and why even Windows itself fails to be anywhere close to accurate when estimating how long a file copy or delete operation will take).  That said, the standard Threat Scan generally only takes anywhere from 1~20 minutes depending on the system (though it may take longer on badly infected systems where performance is degraded or on systems which are suffering from disk issues, though in the latter case it would be best to deal with a failing drive before running any scans on it with anything just to avoid further risk/potential damage).

Edited by exile360

Thanks all for the feedback!

11 hours ago, arbrich said:

I also ran a manual scan - speed seemed ok but it found 5 Issues and I selected Quarantine an now they have disappeared from any Detection or History report. 

Please could you run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and provide us with the generated mbst-grab-results.zip so we can take a closer look.
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/190532-having-problems-using-malwarebytes-please-follow-these-steps/