The WFC has a problem with Malwarebytes main app.

Hello

I had the Malwarebytes main app and the Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control. When my 14-day premium trail was over, I decided to switch off autorun option for the Malwarebytes app. And somehow, it caused WFC to stop working ("can't connect to malwarebytes windows firewall control service"). So I uninstalled Malwarebytes app, and WFC works fine.

I suppose this does not affect premium users - only because they run Malwarebytes main app all the time.
But in my case, if it didn't start with the system, then there were problems.

Greetings,

Thank you for reporting this issue.  If possible, could you please reinstall Malwarebytes 3 and replicate the issue once more by disabling it from starting up and verifying that the issue occurs again and then do the following?:

1. Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair)
  3. Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2019 at 6:29 PM, exile360 said:

If possible, could you please reinstall Malwarebytes 3 and replicate the issue once more by disabling it from starting up and verifying that the issue occurs again (...)

After I reinstalled Malwarebytes 3, problem no longer occurs. But my premium trial was already over, so no real-time protection was active.