John A

Stamp.exe false positive?

Last scan picked up NCH software Stamp.exe.  I think this is a FP  (image attached)

Nothing listed in saved scan results??? (attached)

Ran FP Tracker, failed - "No scan detections found" (image attached)

JSON file attached

MB didn't quarantine this even though settings says Auto quarantine.

FPTracker.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

8ceff076-d1b4-11e9-912b-382c4abd2e03.zip Scanresults.txt

Edited by John A
More info

IN MB4, did you uncheck the supposed malware found, then select Next and which point you can ignore once / ignore always, and *then* run the FP tracker?

Yes I did that - after running FP Tracker I removed Stamp.exe from the allow list.  The scanner no longer picks stamp.exe up as a detection so unable to reproduce. Stamp.exe has not been changed and it runs normally.  If MB4 picks up Stamp.exe in a scan why doesn't real time protection stop Stamp.exe from running?

@John A - thanks for your report. This was indeed an FP that should not have been detected and shouldn't have displayed in the scan results screen. We have a fix for this coming out with the next beta release.

On 9/7/2019 at 11:20 PM, John A said:

Ran FP Tracker, failed - "No scan detections found" (image attached)

To add, this was caused by the issue with Malwarebytes version 4 mentioned by @tetonbob above. The scan results are parsed by the FP tool, which in your case had conflicting information.

Thanks again for the report!

On a different computer, also got FP on NCH's expressrip.exe, again, nothing listed in scan results.

I assume this is the same issue.

Clipboard01.jpg