well , this will be interesting if Malwarebytes team could to add something new to mb beta version 4 and should we have this also for the final release so what’s the plans are ?

for me I’d be very happy to see a new protection module like an "anti-spam/email protection"  and so on .

and I would also suggest if this is possible to have the Malwarebytes’s firewall integrate into Malwarebytes version 4 .

Edited by Gt-truth

It's been stated that they plan to keep the firewall separate, at least for now, likely to prevent conflicts on systems where the user may be using a third party firewall or internet security product which includes a firewall.  So far it looks like the major features in development for v4 are a new/refreshed UI to address usability concerns with v3 and a new/enhanced heuristics/AI engine to iterate on the Machine Learning/AI/cloud component in v3 to make it more aggressive and more effective against new threats.

OKAY , understood ! but what about the anti-spam and email protection ?

Edited by Gt-truth

12 minutes ago, Gt-truth said:

OKAY , understood ! but what about the anti-spam and email protection ?

No idea, but I doubt it.  This is an area Malwarebytes has always stayed away from for multiple reasons including different email clients (both local with software like Outlook, Windows Mail and Thunderbird as well as web based/hosted like GMail etc.) now have their own spam/junk filters and integrated malware/virus scanners, and the fact that all the major AVs already have email scanning built in.  So basically if anything gets past all of that, you'll have your standard Malwarebytes protection to guard against any threats that might get through, especially if there is anything really dangerous like a malware attachment etc.

Currently I'm not using a third party AV and I virtually never see any spam messages in my inbox on either of my major email accounts (one with GMail and the other with Yahoo), but that could just be due to the fact that I don't use any easy to find account name for my email addresses (they're semi-random strings of letters and numbers so any spam/bot tool wouldn't randomly come up with my email address when sending out spam/junk to potential recipients).

I don't even think there are that many specialized anti-spam tools out there any more, likely due to the fact that most email clients have this functionality already built into them.  Of course there's also the fact that Malwarebytes already has the Web Protection component, so it's still going to block any malicious links and remote content being hosted on malicious servers/websites.

Edited by exile360

On 9/7/2019 at 3:41 AM, exile360 said:

No idea, but I doubt it.  This is an area Malwarebytes has always stayed away from for multiple reasons including different email clients (both local with software like Outlook, Windows Mail and Thunderbird as well as web based/hosted like GMail etc.) now have their own spam/junk filters and integrated malware/virus scanners, and the fact that all the major AVs already have email scanning built in.  So basically if anything gets past all of that, you'll have your standard Malwarebytes protection to guard against any threats that might get through, especially if there is anything really dangerous like a malware attachment etc

thanks for clarification on this matter .and for outlook/Hotmail yes some time I see only AVG scanner scanned some email messages but not scanned for all other messages . and for Gmail  I’ve never seen any av scanner there

and how good are their email filter for email protection thing ? I think it is poor because sometime I’ve seen a lot of "safe messages" from a "trust sender" like with Malwarebytes and etc to placed in spam/junk as well .

On 9/7/2019 at 3:41 AM, exile360 said:

Currently I'm not using a third party AV and I virtually never see any spam messages in my inbox on either of my major email accounts (one with GMail and the other with Yahoo), but that could just be due to the fact that I don't use any easy to find account name for my email addresses (they're semi-random strings of letters and numbers so any spam/bot tool wouldn't randomly come up with my email address when sending out spam/junk to potential recipients).

I don't even think there are that many specialized anti-spam tools out there any more, likely due to the fact that most email clients have this functionality already built into them.  Of course there's also the fact that Malwarebytes already has the Web Protection component, so it's still going to block any malicious links and remote content being hosted on malicious servers/websites.

I’m using Windows defender here as an my anti-virus and Malwarebytes v4 beta as my anti-malware protection on newly OS installed ) before almost 2 days. ):)s (back to win 10 ver1803 which is better then the version 1903 ("and with my Gmail and outlook accounts I still see spam messages in my Email’s inbox’s even though they from a trust companies ")

for my Email I do use a simple string and letters and thus because to make things easier to remembering for account recovery just in cases something goes wrong (for outlook /Hotmail one this was the worst and hardest one to recovering of "blocked accounts" and finally I was able to have most of olds accounts recovered and I’m going to recovering the rest if needed :))

for the protection questions , Malwarebytes dose scanned/blocking of the links in the email ? but not scanned or blocking  for actually malicious attachment files ?

On 9/6/2019 at 5:19 PM, exile360 said:

It's been stated that they plan to keep the firewall separate, at least for now, likely to prevent conflicts on systems where the user may be using a third party firewall or internet security product which includes a firewall.  So far it looks like the major features in development for v4 are a new/refreshed UI to address usability concerns with v3 and a new/enhanced heuristics/AI engine to iterate on the Machine Learning/AI/cloud component in v3 to make it more aggressive and more effective against new threats.

Yeah that's probably for the best.

9 hours ago, Gt-truth said:

thanks for clarification on this matter .and for outlook/Hotmail yes some time I see only AVG scanner scanned some email messages but not scanned for all other messages . and for Gmail  I’ve never seen any av scanner there

and how good are their email filter for email protection thing ? I think it is poor because sometime I’ve seen a lot of "safe messages" from a "trust sender" like with Malwarebytes and etc to placed in spam/junk as well .

I’m using Windows defender here as an my anti-virus and Malwarebytes v4 beta as my anti-malware protection on newly OS installed ) before almost 2 days. ):)s (back to win 10 ver1803 which is better then the version 1903 ("and with my Gmail and outlook accounts I still see spam messages in my Email’s inbox’s even though they from a trust companies ")

for my Email I do use a simple string and letters and thus because to make things easier to remembering for account recovery just in cases something goes wrong (for outlook /Hotmail one this was the worst and hardest one to recovering of "blocked accounts" and finally I was able to have most of olds accounts recovered and I’m going to recovering the rest if needed :))

for the protection questions , Malwarebytes dose scanned/blocking of the links in the email ? but not scanned or blocking  for actually malicious attachment files ?

It checks any process that tries to enter memory, including anything that is downloaded and run as an email attachment.  If you tried to click a link in an email and it is in the Malwarebytes Web Protection block list then it will be blocked and you won't be able to visit the malicious link.