[ RESOLVED ] My Home License key not working - blacklisted

this is the second time this has happened to me.  It works and then whoosh it takes away my license key and says i'm using a free version, i didn't do that, I can't enter my license key because it says blacklisted.  my license is suppose to be a lifetime license. I need help please.  Need ssupport ticket, site taking me in circles, don't know proper place to go to get support ticket

mal101.JPG

mal202.JPG

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column
    0. UI.png
  7. Click the Gather Logs button
    17. Advanced.png
  8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer
    19. System Repair Progress.png
  9. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
  10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Hi,

The link to create a Support help ticket is listed below.

Assuming you bought licenses directly from Malwarebytes, you would have supplied a Email at the original purchase.

That same email is what you should use to login to Malwarebytes MyAccount.

https://my.malwarebytes.com/en/login

If you have misplaced or do not have the password for that login, use the blue "Forgot password" link.

Keep in mind that the Email has to be valid and active.

That being able to do that login and then to see what it shows there for Licenses is an important factor.

If you do not see your license listed there, you can not make headway on your own.  In the latter case, you will need to create a Support help ticket  ( if not already done).

There are several help articles on the Support portal about the topic of licenses, de-activation, re-activation.

Start with Manage subscriptions in My Account  https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1032

Patience is the watchword.
 I would encourage you, if you have not already done so, to create a Help Ticket with Support.   This forum can only provide you generic type help.

Please go to this link   https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/contactsupport/pages/home-support

Provide the detail and submit the ticket.

Do scroll down to the section “Create Ticket”.

Please double check that you supply a valid / properly spelled & correct Email  ( hopefully the same one you used at the time or original purchase).

On the line “How can we help you”

Be sure to Select  “Need help activating a Malwarebytes product”.

Sincerely,

duh me, i clicked the link instead of going to the actual web address, I was able to login, it showed my license # , but now it's taking me in circles. it shows i have 2 os in use, but i do not, i had to redownload in july due to it was doing something similar to what it's doing now, the only difference is that now it says my license is blacklisted.

14 minutes ago, mesweet said:

it shows i have 2 os in use, but i do not, i had to redownload in july due to it was doing something similar to what it's doing now, the only difference is that now it says my license is blacklisted.

In the Malwarebytes account, Did you click deactivate all and wait for a while then try to reactivate?

Thank You Porthos Still blacklisted, i trying too fast. 

will practice patience as maurice said

and for sure will try later today as you said Porthos.

I like where you are located Porthos, That city will always have a special place in my heart.

Thank You for your help.

Perhaps you are trying too many times, too close together.   Give it say 3hrs, before you retry, or even wait until tomorrow.

I am glad to read that you did deactivate all thru the MyAccount.

Is this just one computer that you are attempting to activate ?

and if you were to log back into My Account, what else does it says in terms of  x available of y ?   [ x being the slots open for use.  y being the total seats on the license ]

Looking at the program service log, there appears to be a need to do a clean new install, as follows.

Uninstall and reinstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2674

Lets be sure that at the end of that task, that Malwarebytes for Windows is there.

If that is true, you should have a better chance to re-activate.   So now do that.   & needless to say, do this carefully.   we want to prevent typos.

see  https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1142

Let us know how that goes.

I'm going to have to give up for a while.  nothing is working, i've run the cleanup tool and removed and re downloaded,  clicked on deactivate for all, then try to reactivate.  been doing the same thing over and over and nothing is working.  

I am seeing one thing that I don't understand and when I go to my account, in there under OTHER is an anti-exploit i purchased that has no link to deactivate or remove it.  only used it for a year but it's in there, it says expired, but that is under "Other" and not under active.

Thank you for all your help, I'm so tired and going to go lay down. Maybe support will get me off that blacklisted and activate my account.  I still don't know why it happend that it jumped to the free version and will not let me get anything else.  But it happened and I think it's issue with  my malwarebytes key has a glitch in it

I've got my receipt from Cleverbridge from many years ago. For both the malwarebytes products. 

Thanks again and I  know everything you told me to do should of worked, but I think i'm stuck till support does something on their end.

It is wonderful thing you do helping others and greatly appreciated.

Thank You

forummalwarebytes.JPG

forummalwarebytes2.jpg

forummalwarebytes3.jpg

You take good image snapshots.   On the plus side, the MyAccount does show one activation is available for usage.   ( not blacklisted anymore )

As to the other display about the "anti-exploit" that is old history.  Don't fret about that.  It is expired.  Anti-rootkit protection has been included with version 3 Malwarebytes for Windows.

I use microsoft's snipping tool.  To my knowledge windows 7, 8 & 10 has it automatically.  I didn't have to download anything to get it.

Type snip in magnifier search box on bottom left  of computer and type the word  snip and the app shows up in top pink box. 

I use mode in the snipping tool app to do freehand copy of images when i need to cut things out that i don't want to show and choose rectangle under mode when i have nothing to hide. I just use my mouse to outline what I want and then save the images as jpg files.

It's the best way for me to explain what I'm seeing.

I have it the app pinned to my taskbar so it's always right there for me to use and I use it a whole lot.