Speed is BACK!

exile360

I just wanted to let you guys know that whatever performance tweaks/optimizations you've done to the 4.x scan engine and/or databases/signatures, they are WORKING!  I haven't seen scans this fast in a very long time.  On my main rig Threat Scans are clocking it at about 1 minute 5 seconds which is anywhere from 30 seconds to 1 whole minute faster than they were with the most recent builds of 3.x (and this is all with rootkit scanning enabled, so they would be even faster if I left it set to defaults).  CPU usage is high as it should be; this is what I expect for a malware scanner: use all possible resources in order to accelerate the scan to complete it as quickly as possible so that I may check the results and remove any threats that might be present on my system or be satisfied knowing that my scan came back clean so that I can get back to using my system for whatever I need to; and I am very pleased with the performance, utilizing my hardware to the fullest.

Keep up the great work!