Phone Man

Firefox Browser Guard extension live

Posted (edited)

I just receive the new Browser Guard extension for Firefox through auto-update.

Same story I had with the Chrome version.

No hits with the new extension.

I had to remove it and did a new install and now it is working fine.

I tried a Private window and with that option turned on in the extension it works also.

All is good.

Jim 😎

Edited by Phone Man

When you say "no hits" are you meaning it's not showing any Ad/clickbait detection numbers on the icon?

I seem to recall that could be an issue with the beta version at times, but it would still throw up blocks on sites that needed blocking.

Mine has not updated yet, I'll do an 'update add-ons' when I get home and try some of my favourite clickbait sites.

1 minute ago, nukecad said:

When you say "no hits" are you meaning it's not showing any Ad/clickbait detection numbers on the icon?

I seem to recall that could be an issue with the beta version at times, but it would still throw up blocks on sites that needed blocking.

Mine has not updated yet, I'll do an 'update add-ons' when I get home and try some of my favourite clickbait sites.

That is correct. No indication of anything. After removal and new install it is working fine.

Try this current forum site. I got 39 Add network and trackers hits.

Jim 

I just update to the new version of the Malwarebytes browser guard add-on (version 2.0.1) and the new GU is pretty awesome ! :) I like the all new changes of it!

Malwarebytes Browser Guard for Firefox: v2.0.1 for FF has been disabled for now, we are working on few fixes before bringing it back online. 

1 hour ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Malwarebytes Browser Guard for Firefox: v2.0.1 for FF has been disabled for now, we are working on few fixes before bringing it back online. 

so should to I remove the extension ? and how many days the next fixed version will be available . thanks 

Mine is working still and I'm leaving it. Up to you if you remove but there is no set date for when the update will be completed

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, nukecad said:

Mine was not showing any indications on the icon after first updating, - but simply closing and reopening FFx sorted it out and detections were then displayed on the icon as usual.

PS. 2.0.1 is stil working OK here too, but I do notice that it is not available for new installs from mozilla at the moment (it's just not there at all).

Edited by nukecad

3 hours ago, GP45 said:

Broken link! Oops! We can’t find that page

On 8/30/2019 at 2:32 PM, AdvancedSetup said:

3 hours ago, GP45 said:

Broken link! Oops! We can’t find that page

On 8/30/2019 at 8:32 PM, AdvancedSetup said:

It's been removed from mozilla for the moment.

EDIT - I've just been beaten to thr draw by a Musketeer LOL. (with the same 2 quotes as well.

Edited by nukecad

Thanks very much both of you, i missed that info...:(

4 hours ago, malhunt said:

the link is still dead

See Post #6.

5 hours ago, Nazareno said:

A lot of false positives. :unsure:

We need more info. Many sites are blocked to abusive TLD's and have to be whitelisted on a site to site basis.

No, it will only be available after it is fixed and released by Malwarebytes to the Mozilla/Firefox Add-Ons site, unless they decide to return it to beta testing first, which I doubt.

Why does it want my email address???  Get enough emails, thanks.

1 hour ago, Krusty said:

Why does it want my email address???

See 

Should be optional. They said they removed that from the Chrome version, so not sure why it’s still here. Apparently it’s only for new installs as I didn’t get a request when I updated. Also note that they probably already have your address if you have a My Malwarebytes account.

1 hour ago, alvarnell said:

Apparently it’s only for new installs as I didn’t get a request when I updated.

That's odd because on three machines, the only time I was prompted (in Firefox) was on a machine that had a previous beta installed and removed.

1 hour ago, alvarnell said:

Also note that they probably already have your address if you have a My Malwarebytes account.

Yes, they have my email address but it isn't linked to every single website I visit.

11 minutes ago, Krusty said:

Yes, they have my email address but it isn't linked to every single website I visit.

That isn’t the way it was described as being used in the discussion I linked to.

We are collecting email addresses to know our customers better, it will be used to deliver product level communications along with promotions and important outage information. We will not, in any circumstances, share your email address with other individuals or organizations.

No indication there or in any of their privacy policy statements that it would be associated with site access.

Until I know more, no way I'm giving my email address for the FF version.

Installed on Brave. First install asked for email, uninstalled, reinstalled and wasn't prompted for address thereafter.

Not sure what's up with the FF version.

Not seeing any way to edit post above

Nothing about email address in permissions:

Screen-Shot-2019-09-07-at-10-38-52-AM.pn