Baldape

Every time I update the Minds app MB for Android is unable to scan it.

I use the Minds dot com  social media app and yes I know its safe I've been using it for months now and no problems but over the past couple of updates Malwarebytes is unable to scan it after Minds does an update. Here's what VirusTotal has to say about the Minds app: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/3917709999ba4a230fc063fce229350810530c388f944f1e6c1c2f8162f37e87/summary as you can see its clean but for strange reason starting version 3.8.0 its been having this issue with Malwarebytes gets stuck when trying to scan it.

HI @Baldape,

Is it perhaps getting stuck on scanning for ransomware?  This is our advanced rasonware scanner.  A screenshot would be very helpful.

Nathan

2 hours ago, mbam_mtbr said:

HI @Baldape,

Is it perhaps getting stuck on scanning for ransomware?  This is our advanced rasonware scanner.  A screenshot would be very helpful.

Nathan

Sure as you can see it just hangs once it starts scanning the Minds app.

Screenshot_20190829-111409_Malwarebytes.jpg

Hi @Baldape,

Okay.  Well, there is no known issues we are aware of.  At this point, the best thing to do is to submit an official support ticket with as much information about the issue.

Malwarebytes Support

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you,

Nathan