Installed successfully, but reg failed,unable to connect to remote server

After migrating Malwarebytes Enterprise and the MMC to another  server, all of the clients are showing as OFFLINE in the MMC.   None of them are showing as online.  I am  getting the error message on the few computers after uninstalling the old client, rebooting the computer and  reinstalling it. 

Error again is:

Installed successfully,  but registration failed. Unable to connect to the remote server 

The computers appears to be communicating with the new server since it shows its  AntiMalware version is 1.80.2.1012 and the last detection time is 8/28/19 at 12:58.(today)

Did I miss something in the migration?   I am not sure why after uninstalling and reinstalling the client on these machines they are not coming online.

Thanks  

• Staff

Hi @Darren387,

Which version of Malwarebytes Management Console are you using? If not 1.9, you should upgrade to the latest version. The quickest way to resolve any issues with client communication would be to upgrade, then perform a client push install. Let me know if you run into any issues or have any questions!

Upgrade the Malwarebytes Management Console
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1043

Install managed clients with Malwarebytes Management Console
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1021

Thanks for the response.

I did upgrade to 1.9 prior to the migration and  performed a push install on a few of the computers in our domain.  As mentioned, the push install did seem to work but I am getting that error message above  and the computers remain offline.I did some more troubleshooting today.  I verified that the  Malwarebytes server configuration is pointing to the correct IP address,  and that the correct ports are open.   I also looked at the SCCOMM. .xml and that has the correct ip, and the SCOMM.exe on a  test client and it has the correct IP. lastly...I looked at the SCCOMM.XML on the test client and the file is blank. The client does not seem to be communicating with the server at all. 

• Staff

I see, can you confirm that the MEEClientService is running on the clients that aren't showing online? If you edit the policy of the affected clients, on the 'General' tab, do you have 'Enable Service Recovery Options' checked? If not, make sure to check that and set to restart the service on all failures. Let me know if that gets it working for you!