Malwarebytes Browser Guard Question

Alpharius

On 8/28/2019 at 9:02 PM, rakka said:

Malwarebytes Browser Guard has no way to know your email address or read it automatically. Users need to provide us there email ID by entering it in UI during product activation, and it can be any email (not limited to gmail).

Google needs to update the term "know your email address", sounds like an automated email collection. 

Workaround: If you don't want to provide an email, please re-install Browser Guard and you should not see the email activation screen. This feature is not permanent and depending on the response we get, we will decide the future of it.  

@rakka I have removed the plugin due to the fact that other users are reporting they have not received this screen after updating, and due to your most recent update which exchanges data with co-operating websites, please expand on this.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, rakka said:

Update: 

we have removed the permission asking for "know your email address"

v2.0.1 will no longer ask for email related permissions. 

Firefox: v2.0.1 for FF has been disabled for now, we are working on few fixes before bringing it back online. 

But I want the promotional emails.... really.  I like knowing what Malwarebytes is up to..

All the whiners and complainers around here....  "I wanna use your software free and strongly object to a few emails here and there or the few minutes it would take to create a throw-away email account... wah wah, whine complain...."

And it's always people who generate no revenue that bitch and moan the most.

If my account is registered at my.malwarebytes.com.... will I get the promotional emails?

@Frank_ we have removed the additional permission that Google was asking users before installing the extension as they we redundant.

If you see the email screen upon installation, you can still provide us your email for communication.

If my account is registered at my.malwarebytes.com.... will I get the promotional emails? - YES