Infected PC

FRST.txtScan Report.txtAddition.txt

Hello, I am posting as it seems that my PC is severely infected and I am unsure how to proceed. I first noticed when Windows Powershell opened by itself every time that I started my PC, and that it would randomly restart itself. I downloaded Malwarebytes and ran a full scan which came up with over 13,000 threats, which I quarantined (the attached scan file states that I took no action, however Malwarebytes shows that they were all quarantined). The Powershell issue has not returned since then. I attempted to delete all of the quarantined files, however nothing happens when I select the delete option. I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction on how to ensure that my PC is safe. Thank you in advance!

Hi,  @Lockedkey     :welcome:

My name is Maurice. I will be helping and guiding you, going forward on this case.

Thanks for the reports.  First, lets get Segurazo Realtime Protection Lite  uninstalled.  It is a pest.

1. Type the Windows key+R to open the Run command.

2. Type control appwiz.cpl and hit Enter.
The Programs and Features window will appear.

3. Locate Segurazo Realtime Protection and Right click once to select it, then click the Uninstall button

Keep going and do all that follows, too.

{ 2 ]

Let’s  do a new thorough scan with Malwarebytes for Windows.   The goal is to see whether there is an infection or P U P.

Let's do one new run with Malwarebytes for Windows.

Start Malwarebytes.

Click Settings. Click Protection tab & scroll down to Scan options.

On the section "Potential Threat Protection"
look down at the one "Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs)" look and make sure it is set to
"Always detect PUPS ".

and

look down at the one "Potential Unwanted Modifications (PUM)" look and make sure it is set to
"Always detect PUM ".

and
scroll all the way down to the section Automatic Quarantine
On the line "Automatically quarantine detected malware" be sure it is ON

Then once all set there, click on SCAN button
Then insure Threat scan has a check mark. Then click Start scan.
Review the results list.
Then I would suggest you make sure all lines have a check mark

To that end, if you click the very top left checkbox you can force all detected lines ( if any are detected)  to be selected for removal. Be sure each line is checked.

image.png.a2072c4d546cea78ebabc84efe969720.png

Then you can proceed to click on the blue button Quarantine selected.

In Malwarebytes.
Click the Reports button ( on the left )
Look for the "Scan Report" that has the most recent Date and time.

When located, click the check box for it and click on View Report.
Then click the Export button at the bottom left.
Then select Text File (*.txt)

Put in a name for that file and remember where the file is created.

Then attach that file with your next reply    We will do more on the next round.

Sincerely.

Hello Maurice!

Thank you for the help thus far. I was not able to fully remove Segurazo Realtime Protection Lite, as I believe that most of its files were quarantined from my original scan. I am still not able to delete the files from quarantine either.

I ran a new scan as you directed, and have attached the file here.

Scan 2.txt

Hello, just an update.

I was able to remove Segurazo by uninstalling Malwarebytes and then attempting to uninstall Segurazo again. I then reinstalled Malwarebytes and ran another full can, which resulted in over 2,000 threats (compared to the original > 13,000). Those threats were all quarantined. I have attached the log from that scan here.Scan 3.txt

Thanks for the reports.  I do notice that the last run did remove the PUP 's  and yje browser assistant trojan.

Let's do a follow-up with a scan with Malwarebytes Adwcleaner.

I  would suggest to download, Save, and then run Malwarebytes ADWCLEANER.

Please close Chrome and all other open web browsers after you have saved the Adwcleaner and before you start Adwcleaner scan.

Version 7.4 of Adwcleaner  detects factory Preinstalled applications too!

I  encourage you to take a look at the announcement blogpost to learn more this new detection category: https://blog.malwarebytes.com/malwarebytes-news/2019/07/your-device,-your-choice:-adwcleaner-now-detects-preinstalled-software/.

Please download  Malwarebytes AdwCleaner  https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/adwcleaner

Be sure to Save the file first, to your system.  Saving to the Downloads folder should be the default on your system.

Go to the folder where you saved Adwcleaner. Double click Adwcleaner  to start it.

At the prompt for license agreement, review and then click on I agree.

You will then see a main screen for Adwcleaner. ( if you do not see it right away, minimized the other open windows, so you can see Adwcleaner).

Then click on Dashboard button.

Click the blue button "Scan Now".

allow it a few minutes to finish the Scan.   Let it remove what it finds.

NOTE:  When it comes to the section "

Pre-installed applications

You can skip that.

Please find and send the Adwcleaner "C" clean report.

In Adwcleaner, click the "Reports" button.  Look at the list of reports for the latest date & type "Clean".

Double Click that line & it will open in Notepad.   Save the file to your system and then Attach that with your reply.

Thanks.  Keep me advised.

Thank you for the log from Adwcleaner.   Nothing major found.  Just some minor history traces for the Edge browser.

I do think that the pc is in better state.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner  is a free Microsoft stand-alone virus scanner that  can be used to scan for another opinion.

The download links & the how-to-run-the tool are at this link at Microsoft

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/intelligence/safety-scanner-download

Let me know the result of this.

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks