How many machines can I install on?

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column
    0. UI.png
  7. Click the Gather Logs button
    17. Advanced.png
  8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer
    19. System Repair Progress.png
  9. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
  10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Hello.   :welcome:

Count up the total number of devices you have where you want Premium protection.

The Premium can run on Windows, Android, Chromebook, Mac OS X.   Each device you need Premium for is a seat.   So add them all up.

That is how many seats you need to purchase.   The purchase page has a selection spot for you to choose.

The selection for number of devices is just to the left of the price.

One device means one machine only.   The point is to select the proper number  to match your needs.

• Staff

Just to add, the reason it mentions up to 10 on the website is because you may purchase up to 10 licenses/seats in a single transaction which would protect 10 devices.  Numbers in excess of 10 would have to be purchased either through separate transactions or by contacting Malwarebytes Business or Sales teams (for example, if you were a reseller/affiliate).  This is why just above where it mentions 10 devices, it notes that the pricing shown is for 3 devices and why it also includes the + and - controls to change the device count where it will also automatically adjust the pricing according to the number of devices you select as shown in the image below:

devices.png.54959da375be0b1cc1e2bb60aabd0f3f.png

So basically the Available for up to 10 devices statement is simply a statement of the limit for the maximum number of devices you can purchase licenses for (the same as when you see a purchase quantity limit for an item on any retail website like 'Limit 1 per customer' etc.).

Anyway, I hope this helps to clarify things a bit, and if there is anything else we might assist you with please let us know.

Thanks

What you're saying doesn't make sense at all. You cannot buy a single device subscription, that option is not available. You can ONLY buy a 10 device subscription. 

I'm asking if that 10 devices is a 'real' 10 devices, e.g. I can install on 10 of my 'windows 10' laptops, or if the 10 devices means 1 windows 10, 1 unix, 1 android, 1 iOS etc so it's possible to protect 10 devices if you have one of the 10 random operating systems they support. (Which is the case elsewhere with certain companies selling 'installs on 4 devices' software).

Please confirm (Assuming you work for Malwarebytes) so I can be sure of the contract I'm getting into. I've been stung before.

image.png.5aa96ab9c868bda086f4e56e919a7a37.png

@exile360 Whoa, you have a totally different purchase screen to me here in the UK. Yours is pretty obvious what it means. Mine, less so. Also the prices don't relate to each other. You're looking at about $20 per device (maybe that's the half price offer) while in the UK it says £39.99 for 10 devices. As $ and £ are pretty much 1 for 1, it looks like the UK site is very misleading!

• Staff

My apologies, I was looking at a different part of the site.  You are on the actual purchase page and I didn't realize it.  You can select a different number of devices using the drop-down menu where it shows 10 Devices to select a different number as shown below:

Number.png.89b456d4be371601a2b0ef0b03722771.png

If you cannot, then there must be a bug with the UK purchase page.  Please let us know if that is the case as I only have access to the US page.

Edited by exile360

Hi Exile360,

OK so the same page now, but still very misleading in the UK. The dropdown has only one entry in it '10 devices' also note the description of the subscription and price here in the UK compared to your screen. Something is definitely not right somewhere.

image.thumb.png.9488d8d271b339bf91e7ba7f5a2f183c.png

image.png

• Staff

Yes, that's correct.  It looks like the site is bugged for sure.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  I will report this to the web team ASAP.  I'm certain based on the pricing that if you were to proceed with the purchase that they would actually only provide you with a single device license since the transaction itself is handled through a third party e-commerce partner (either Cleverbridge or 2Checkout) so in their system which issues the licenses, based on the pricing it would only register as a single license/device purchase.

lol, as soon as I saw the comment from dcollins, I raced to my PC, went to the malwarebytes store and it's now reverted to the same as the US site. No more 10 for £40. Complete shambles, so I've had to by a couple of licenses for £40 and will just cover two machines. The kids machines can take their chances.

I just hope the software isn't as confusing as their website.