a new rogue version of HP Support Assistant version 9

Gt-truth

before a few day my HP Support Assistant version 8 prompted me to a new updated version of HP Support Assistant is available so I say yes and click on yes to update to latest version which v9 . when all done I had noticed that this new release of this v9 had a bad and ugly design and a lot of setting/option is totally missing and also they have erased out all my login information from this crapware version  so I dislike this new Rogue HP Support Assistant release due to  so many problem , one of those problem is HP Support Assistant can not be uninstalled nor there an option to make an uninstall  .the other problem is they are still supplying/pushing out an older drivers to my new windows version 1903 (OS version is the latest one already since they told me to update to latest OS version) . I’ve fad up with HP since I have to report this problem to them but they haven’t fix the issues . 

anyway I had to download the Malwarebytes’s adwcleaner to remove the bloatware from my device and I had to rebooting but upon the device is started up to desktop the adwcleaner it says it had fixed 8 items but no items are being fixed ? HP Support Assistant is still on the notification/startup area and even on my desktop  

and also adwcleaner detected non-existing  bloatware ?  in the log file it show that items being deleted but isn’t :)

ا_2314.png

Edited by Gt-truth
correct the typo of the topic title and in the post

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the AdwCleaner Help forum.

Someone will reply shortly, but in the meantime here are a few resources which may help resolve your issue:

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

@exile360 I should mention this before but hey anyway the HP Support Assistant is also using the Microsoft Store as of now to grab the updated version but this is not working on my device so the HP Support Assistant it is no longer update itself but it send a request to the Microsoft Store 

this bad behavior of the HP Support Assistant is caused to my device to be unstable in some way so I need to know any way to completely removing the HP bloatware so what is your recommendation ?  

Edited by Gt-truth

I'd check to see if you can simply uninstall it if you don't want it there.  If you remove it from the App Store as well as the Programs and Features interface (assuming it also has an entry there, which is definitely possible) then that should eliminate it completely.  Alternatively if the problem is just that the program doesn't update itself correctly and you want it to be up to date then you should be able to download the latest version from the Microsoft App Store and/or the HP support site.

If none of that works then you could always contact HP and they should be able to provide you more detailed assistance since it is their application.  It is likely that they have seen the issue you are reporting on other systems and they might have a solution for it.

14 minutes ago, exile360 said:

I'd check to see if you can simply uninstall it if you don't want it there.  If you remove it from the App Store as well as the Programs and Features interface (assuming it also has an entry there, which is definitely possible) then that should eliminate it completely.  Alternatively if the problem is just that the program doesn't update itself correctly and you want it to be up to date then you should be able to download the latest version from the Microsoft App Store and/or the HP support site.

If none of that works then you could always contact HP and they should be able to provide you more detailed assistance since it is their application.  It is likely that they have seen the issue you are reporting on other systems and they might have a solution for it.

there’s is no uninstall.exe for it (and the HP Support Assistant is not listed as an installed program either) so I can not to uninstall it and for Microsoft store thing I do not know even to how to use it because this is first time I’ve use it trying to update the HP Support Assistant .

and also I’ve already download a fresh copy of the HP Support Assistant version 9 to install over the top of the previous installation to see whether have fix the problem or not but this doesn't fix anything .

well I do not think they will going to fixing all reported problem but that’s all.

Edited by Gt-truth

There is one more thing we can try.  Please provide me with an Autoruns log and I'll see what I can do:

Create an Autoruns Log:

Please download Sysinternals Autoruns from here and save it to your desktop.

Note: If using Windows VistaWindows 7Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10 then you also need to do the following:

Right-click on Autoruns.exe and select Properties
Click on the Compatibility tab
Under Privilege Level check the box next to Run this program as an administrator
Click on Apply then click OK

• Double-click Autoruns.exe to run it.
  • Once it starts, please press the Esc key on your keyboard.
  • Now that scanning is stopped, click on the Options button at the top of the program and verify that the following are checked, if they are unchecked, check them:

Hide empty locations
Hide Windows entries

• Click on the Options button at the top of the program and select Scan Options... then in the Autoruns Scan Options dialog enable/check the following two options:

Verify code signatures
Check VirusTotal.com

• Once that's done click the Rescan button at the bottom of the Autoruns Scan Options dialog and this will start the scan again, this time let it finish.
  • When it's finished and says Ready. on the lower left of the program window, please click on the File button at the top of the program and select Save and save the file to your desktop and close Autoruns.
  • Right click on the file on your desktop that you just saved and hover your mouse over Send To and select Compressed (zipped) Folder
  • Attach the ZIP folder you just created to your next reply

9 minutes ago, exile360 said:

What is the current version that you have installed?  It may be possible to get the installer for that version and install it over the top of your existing installation which should replace the missing uninstall function.

my previous version before to I  open the HP Support Assistant is was version 8 and this also before they prompted me to update to version 9

the current version I’ve update to is version 9

note : in version 8 this app will update itself directly on the desktop without the need for the Microsoft store but with the version 9 we can not update it directly via the app

yes . I only have grab the installer from the HP support site and not able to grab it from Microsoft store . I hope this will help .

Edited by Gt-truth

OK, I found a troubleshooting guide for the HP Support Assistant on their site here but I don't know if that will help you or not.  According to the guide, there should be an entry in Programs and Features where you can uninstall HP Support Assistant which should remove it completely from your system.  Once that is done we can try to get version 8 installed on your system again.

Thanks.  The following instructions should disable HP Support Assistant from running at system startup so that you can at least use your system without it being active if that helps at all.  If you wish to do that then please follow the instructions below:

Please open Autoruns again and allow it to scan your system once more and once it completes, please go to each of the following tabs and Uncheck the items listed:

Click on the Scheduled Tasks tab and uncheck each of the following:

• \Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Assistant\HP Support Solutions Framework Report
  • \Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Assistant\WarrantyChecker
  • \Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Assistant\WarrantyChecker_DeviceScan
  • \HPCeeScheduleForltd

Next, click the Services tab and uncheck each of the following:

• HPAppHelperCap
  • HPNetworkCap
  • HPSysInfoCap
  • HpTouchpointAnalyticsService

Once that is completed, restart your system and see if the HP Support Assistant is still running or not (it shouldn't be, however the Microsoft Store App might still be; if this is the case we'll have to disable it separately).

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks

thanks to you for post your instruction . I just follow-up with your post above and I’ve disable all of them and then do a system restart and upon the system is to started up , I still see this running unfortunately . :( first time I deal with the preinstalled / bloatware .

on old XP and 7 devices I have see no such those crapware or preinstalled or bloatware

Did you already try the instructions on this page to see if you can remove it that way?  There's got to be a way to uninstall the thing, it just may not use a normal uninstaller EXE file (it may be an MSI installer for example, which do not normally create an uninstall.exe file and simply use a script file that is executed by msiexec.exe to remove them from a system).

6 minutes ago, exile360 said:

Did you already try the instructions on this page to see if you can remove it that way?  There's got to be a way to uninstall the thing, it just may not use a normal uninstaller EXE file (it may be an MSI installer for example, which do not normally create an uninstall.exe file and simply use a script file that is executed by msiexec.exe to remove them from a system).

yes I just read this on the HP support site and even those instruction have no affect to solve this issue so I have check again in this path Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features and via Revo uninstaller software and the HP Support Assistant isn’t listed out there .

Hmm, well the download for the Support Assistant can be found this page.  Please go ahead and download and install it, then restart your computer and check Programs and Features again.  It might also be under the Apps & features interface which is separate from Programs and Features so you might also check there to see if you can find it.  Instructions on each uninstall method can be found on this page.

following the Microsoft article and HP Support Assistant is now listed only on the Apps & Features but no "repair" option is not available to it and the only option available is "reset" and clicking on the reset has do nothing so I make an quick Google search and I find an software called Bulk crap uninstaller . this software is able to shows all hidden bloatware by HP but was unable to completely removing them even with so many system reboots is done unfortunately so the HP Support Assistant is still running there as before  

and even download the HP Support Assistant from your link and re-install over the top again and make another system reboot and when windows is started to the desktop I still see the HP Support Assistant running .

Edited by Gt-truth

5 minutes ago, exile360 said:

Is there no Uninstall button available in the Apps & Features interface for it?

there was an Uninstall button in the App and Features but I haven’t click on it , I had to use the bulk crap uninstaller software instead of the App and Features  to removing all HP software but however the HP Support Assistant  still running and not removed yet

Edited by Gt-truth

thanks . while I am running a few CMD for dism  and then I will run and sfc / scan and I will run a chkdsk after that . and I will report the results .

install it again and the "uninstall option" in apps and features is no longer available .

this will take a bit longer so when all those are done then I will let you know .

if no GO then I guess I’ll had to reformat .and back to windows 10 version 1803 instead of the version 1903

You probably need to restart your computer after reinstalling it to be able to uninstall it.  You're going through all kinds of additional steps and tools that probably aren't necessary.  It isn't malware, it's just HP's support application.  Just restart and try uninstalling it normally and it should work.

reinstalling is just done and restart the windows make no different , still unable to uninstall it here an answer here <bad answer - problem unsolved> but this one is confusing  

Go to computer, double click main drive ( C) , click swsetup, hover over files till you find Support solutions, right click, Click uninstall (HSPA)  ,run as administrator, it will uninstall Support Solutions. Then go to uninstall programs, click on Support Framework and uninstall.  BOTH GONE!!

searching for more and I come up with the best useful answer here <good answer - problem almost solved> https://sudf-resources.hpcloud.hp.com/CustomerFeedback/en-US/UninstallSurvey.html?source=HPSAUninstall&pn=3FY61EA&cc=US&lc=en&uuid=B38FC304-C307-E811-A4C3-80CE62D7AC0E&ssf=&hpsa=9.5.262.0&os=6.2.101.64&pl=KV

and now we need for version 8 download link but I was unable to find it on that page