a new rogue version of HP Support Assistant version 9

Gt-truth

Well that's a bummer.  I guess it includes both versions and installs v9 if you run it on Windows 10.  I was hoping that it would be a different download link depending on the OS, but I guess not.  It must be an installer that has both and determines which to install depending on which operating system it detects when it is launched (version 9 only installs on Windows 10 apparently; it installs version 8 if you run it on Windows 7 according to HP's website).

thanks exile360 for this info . I just know about this but however the HP they are was offering the v8 download link on my device support page but now they have the download link for v8 removed and they replace it with v9 download link. that why I am still looking for a download URL for the previous version

Edited by Gt-truth

Yeah, I checked both MajorGeeks and FileHippo earlier trying to find it, but neither of them had it either.  I guess HP is determined to get everyone onto the latest version of it.  It's still strange that there seems to be no way to uninstall it though.  You may end up just having to contact their support and have them walk you through how to get it uninstalled.

@exile360 right ! and that’s why most of peoples are using an old OS like XP and windows 7 . on my old HP device came up with windows XP and I have no any bloatware as I can to tell

yeah there is no way to normally uninstall it . sometime when you even want to remove the v8 then you’ll see a popped-up dialog telling you that you can not uninstall it because of HP Support Assistant is using the "HP Support solution Framework" and even if you already remove this one which called "HP Support solution Framework" , sometime you can not uninstall it either way is no way :)

an topic were just made on their forum and by the way there’s a lot of leftover files behind it and they cannot be deleted . see the log file

leftover.txt

Edited by Gt-truth

thanks for the other’s Malwarebytes - free tool link as well . unfortunately the Malwarebytes website is having a problem

The connection has timed out

The server at www.malwarebytes.com is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Edited by Gt-truth

having a trouble to understand to how to use the Malwarebytes - FileASSASSIN tool , because when I drag a folder for a deletion then I got an error message "Can not drop folder into delete box" and when I drag a file into the tool then I got a message says that the file is "unlock completed with no errors!" but no any files are being deleted even though the Delete file is check mark

ا_2422.png

ا_2423.png

Edited by Gt-truth

Bloatware on Acer, Asus, Lenovo, Dell, and HP PCs can get you pwned in 10 minutes

https://store.hp.com/app/tech-takes/what-is-bloatware-and-how-to-remove-it

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/620540/just-bought-an-hp-win-10-laptop-loaded-with-bloatware/

they do not  even care for their customers either !

@exile360 I’m not even sure what they means by windows in "s" . a user was reply to my topic has told me that they have the v8 not supported on the windows 10 v1903

Edited by Gt-truth

Well, you could create a thread over in the malware removal forum or the general PC help area and someone might be able to help you there, particularly in the malware removal area since they are allowed to use more powerful tools in that area.  They could probably write up a script to remove it with one of the tools they use for you that should eliminate it.

this is a good idea . I have an account at bleepingcomputer.com created  in 14 Oct 2016 with almost 0 post on their forum and 1 comment on their main website .so I’ll make the topic in there .

again many thanks exile360 for the nice and great help! have a good day as well :)

Edited by Gt-truth