zutch

41 files infected...repeatedly

Hoping someone will help me...Each time I close my Chrome browser, I run Malwarebytes and get the result " 41 files infected”, I then quarantine the infected files.This morning, I didn’t visit any sites, instead I just ran a scan and came up with the same result. I then opened Firefox and visited a number of sites, after which I ran a scan . The result was “ No infected files”.

I am an average user of a PC and hoping someone can help me,  please be patient with me.

I am using an HP Laptop with Windows 7 Pro.

Regards   zutch

Sorry, but this a forum for Mac users, so I have asked that it be moved to get you the help you need.

Hello Ron, please accept my sincere apologies for the delay with my response..I followed your instructions as far as...Settings >>People etc. but couldn’t find…Data from Chrome sync.

I thought I would try an uninstall/reinstall of Chrome. There was an option on the reinstall for Sync, I declined  and  finished the install.. I then opened Chrome. chose a few sites and then ran a scan...No infections were found.

I would never have found a solution without the help of both you and Alvarnell.

Sincere regards    zutch

+

Great, glad to hear @zutch

I will go ahead then and close your topic. If you do decide you need further assistance though please let us know.

Take care

Ron