41 files infected...repeatedly

Hoping someone will help me...Each time I close my Chrome browser, I run Malwarebytes and get the result " 41 files infected”, I then quarantine the infected files.This morning, I didn’t visit any sites, instead I just ran a scan and came up with the same result. I then opened Firefox and visited a number of sites, after which I ran a scan . The result was “ No infected files”.

I am an average user of a PC and hoping someone can help me,  please be patient with me.

I am using an HP Laptop with Windows 7 Pro.

Regards   zutch

Hello Ron, please accept my sincere apologies for the delay with my response..I followed your instructions as far as...Settings >>People etc. but couldn’t find…Data from Chrome sync.

I thought I would try an uninstall/reinstall of Chrome. There was an option on the reinstall for Sync, I declined  and  finished the install.. I then opened Chrome. chose a few sites and then ran a scan...No infections were found.

I would never have found a solution without the help of both you and Alvarnell.

Sincere regards    zutch

+

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks