tbelmond

CPU Usage at 100% until I open Task Manager

Hi there. I'll try my best to explain my issue, but I'm not extremely computer literate, so please bear with me!

I've had my PC for a good few years now, since about 2015, with almost no viruses. Recently, though, when I start up my computer, I've noticed heavy lag and stuttering in my audio when listening to music. When I open Task Manager, the CPU shows itself to be at 100% usage for a split second before shooting down to 5%. Close Task Manager, problems start back up, rinse and repeat. I've been unable to locate any viruses manually, and a Malwarebytes scan pulled up nothing, but I'm certain I've got an infection of some kind--research on the internet indicates that it may be a crypto currency miner, but I can't seem to find the root of it on my own.

After scanning other forum posts for advice, I did a scan with FRST. I've attached the logs here (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) that will hopefully give some needed context to whoever can help me with this issue. Additionally, if there's a way to check or make sure that the virus hasn't spread to my external harddrive and won't copy itself back over to my computer somehow, that would be great. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Addition.txt FRST.txt

Hello, Welcome to Malwarebytes.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Please download the attached Fixlist.txt file to  the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The Computer will restart when the fix is completed.

It will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
===

Reset Chrome

Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon google-chrome-setting-icon.png or the 3 vertical dots located right side top of the google chrome.

Click "Settings" then "Show advanced settings" at the bottom of the screen.

Click "Reset and clean up" > "Restore settings to their original defaults"

Restart Chrome.
<<<>>>

Please post the Fixlog.txt and let me know what problem persists.

fixlist.txt

Hello nasdaq, thank you for the help :)

I've attached the fixlog.txt as requested. Not sure if this is what you meant but so far, the issue is still occuring.

Fixlog.txt

Hi,

--RogueKiller--

• Download & SAVE to your Desktop Download RogueKiller
  • Quit all programs that you may have started.
  • Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!
  • For Vista or above, right-click the program file and select "Run as Administrator"
  • Accept the user agreements.
  • Execute the scan and wait until it has finished.
  • If a Windows opens to explain what [PUM's] are, read about it.
  • Click the RoguKiller icon on your taksbar to return to the report.
  • Click open the Report
  • Click Export TXT button
  • Save the file as ReportRogue.txt
  • Click the Remove button to delete the items in RED  
  • Click Finish and close the program.
  • Locate the ReportRogue.txt file on your Desktop and copy/paste the contents in your next.

=======

Hi,

Run the RogueKiller and clean these items.

[PUP.DriverToolkit (Potentially Malicious)] (folder) DriverToolkit -- C:\Users\Teza\AppData\Local\DriverToolkit -> Found

[PUP.Gen1 (Potentially Malicious)] (folder) simplitec -- C:\ProgramData\simplitec -> Found
[PUP.HackTool (Potentially Malicious)] (folder) KMSpico -- C:\Program Files\KMSpico -> Found

If the problem persists

Check the integrity of the operating system files.

Follow all the instructions on this page.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

When completed refer to the Microsoft article again and follow the instructions to view details of the System File Checker process

Post the contents of the sfcdetails.txt file for my review.

Let me know if the problem persists.
<<<>>>

Hey there,

It seems the sfcdetails.txt file was too big to upload. However, my CPU no longer appears to be at 100% whenever I launch Task Manager, so I think my issue may be solved!