OrdinarySoft

Start Menu X

Hi, 

I developer of the start menu X program. I get report from my customer that your  Malwarebytes browser extension false report about our site and the program.
startmenux dot com
and - 
startmenux dot com slash StartMenuX_Setup_freeware.exe

Our program has 15 years history and millions of customers around the globe. Please fix this immediately.  

Your anti-spam protection is freaking awesome. I wish you have the same access to your refrigerator.

Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 07.37.42.png

Posted (edited)

Hello @OrdinarySoft and :welcome:

Only Malwarebytes staffers can whitelist.  Post #2 merely confirms that a MBE Beta block has been verified, characterized, and will require investigation.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

cc: @rakka

Edited by 1PW

1PW -Thx. 

To the Malwarebytes - Did you know that Goggle also tries to enter the "reputation" practice but decline it by advice from the lawyers. When you block my site by someone unknown opinion you should compensate all my no received earnings or prove that "bad reputation" has sense. Are you ready to prove in a court that you ban the site for a reason?

59 minutes ago, OrdinarySoft said:

1PW -Thx. 

To the Malwarebytes - Did you know that Goggle also tries to enter the "reputation" practice but decline it by advice from the lawyers. When you block my site by someone unknown opinion you should compensate all my no received earnings or prove that "bad reputation" has sense. Are you ready to prove in a court that you ban the site for a reason?

The program/extension that is blocking you is a BETA and still under development. It is not the main Malwarebytes program.

Give the devs a time to whitelist and refine the extension.

Just FYI regarding legal precedence:

https://blog.ericgoldman.org/archives/2017/11/section-230c2-protects-anti-malware-vendor-enigma-v-malwarebytes.htm
https://blog.ericgoldman.org/archives/2018/09/section-230-helps-malware-vendor-avoid-liability-for-blocking-decision-pc-drivers-v-malwarebytes.htm

If it does turn out that this is being blocked deliberately (though I doubt it unless the main Malwarebytes application is actually detecting this program as PUP or a threat, which doesn't appear to be the case) then please refer to the information found here.

My program absolutely clear and don't have any adware or spyware.

This means that Malwarebytes doesn't work properly so I even don't need to spend money on the lawyer. This startup will die in a month with this support level and problem reaction. 

Malwarebytes has been around since 2004, has offices in multiple countries across multiple continents and employs hundreds of people.  I wouldn't really consider them a startup.  That said, this particular tool is still in beta and has behavior based blocking features and other new components that are still under active development and fine-tuning so there will definitely be FPs.

In the meantime I'm certain that a member of the team will review this post and correct this assuming it is an FP as soon as they are able to.

It should be OK within the next hour.  If not, please let us know.