kileytea

Adware.FusionCore?

Hi! I ran a MalwareBytes scan today and it found Adware.Fusioncore, seems to be connected to the Potplayer installer. I quarantined and deleted it, but was just wondering if there was anything else I need to be worried about? Should I change my passwords or anything? I'm not sure how long it's been there, I thought it had been running automatic scans but it hadn't in quite some months. Thank you!

Hi,  @kileytea

:welcome:

My name is Maurice. I will be helping and guiding you, going forward on this case.

That is classified in general as a type of unwanted adware.  See the descriptive detail on this Blog entry on the Threat center

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/detections/pup-optional-fusioncore/

You do not need to go to the extreme of changing passwords.

I  would suggest to download, Save, and then run Malwarebytes ADWCLEANER.  This tool does a deeper scan for adwares.  It does not take a long time.

Please close Chrome and all other open web browsers after you have saved the Adwcleaner and before you start Adwcleaner scan.

Version 7.4 of Adwcleaner  detects factory Preinstalled applications too!

I  encourage you to take a look at the announcement blogpost to learn more this new detection category: https://blog.malwarebytes.com/malwarebytes-news/2019/07/your-device,-your-choice:-adwcleaner-now-detects-preinstalled-software/.

Please download  Malwarebytes AdwCleaner  https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/adwcleaner

Be sure to Save the file first, to your system.  Saving to the Downloads folder should be the default on your system.

Go to the folder where you saved Adwcleaner. Double click Adwcleaner  to start it.

At the prompt for license agreement, review and then click on I agree.

You will then see a main screen for Adwcleaner. ( if you do not see it right away, minimized the other open windows, so you can see Adwcleaner).

Then click on Dashboard button.

Click the blue button "Scan Now".

allow it a few minutes to finish the Scan.   Let it remove what it finds.

NOTE:  When it comes to the section "

Pre-installed applications

You can skip that.

Please find and send the Adwcleaner "C" clean report.

In Adwcleaner, click the "Reports" button.  Look at the list of reports for the latest date & type "Clean".

Double Click that line & it will open in Notepad.   Save the file to your system and then Attach that with your reply.

Thanks.  Keep me advised.

Hi Maurice, sorry for the late reply! The only thing Adwcleaner found was pre-installed applications that you said could be skipped - though there are only 4 applications, while the total detection says '25.' Does this just count other files included with the applications?

I also don't have any 'Clean' logs, just 'Scan' logs, since nothing seemed to be found besides the applications. Is there something else I need to do? Thank you!

Hello.  How are things ?  Are you still with us ?