Reg edit closing

Hi there - 

This process began simply because I wanted to listen to music while having my tablet screen turned off.  As I tried to fix this issue using Reg Edit, the application keeps closing immediately.  After a quick Google search, this leads me to believe that my tablet is somehow infected.  I can't for the life of me figure out the culprit.  Task manager and System Config both work fine, it's just the Reg Edit that closes within a second of opening.  I've attached my FRST, Additions, and Threat Scan Logs.  Thanks for your help.

Addition.txt FRST.txt Malwarebyes Threat Scan Summary.txt

Hi,  Kristaj.      :welcome:

My name is Maurice. I will be helping and guiding you, going forward on this case.

The Malwarebytes for Windows scan reported no malware.

When exactly did the Regedit issue begin?

You can use Windows'  System restore applet to go back to the state that was saved for August 1.

I would just highly urge to first get Windows into SAFE mode first.   Then attempt the System Restore.

Towards the above goals. I would insure that this Windows is set to allow the F8 function ability at machine startup

See Option One at this article

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/22455-enable-disable-f8-advanced-boot-options-windows-10-a.html

I have found the best overall way to do a Windows System RESTORE is from this special command line

get to "Safe Mode w/ Command Prompt"

You can try system restore:

Step 1: Use F8 to Boot to Safe Mode With Command Prompt

You ought to see on the command prompt display

C:\windows\system32>

Type in

rstrui.exe

and press Enter

2: Restore Computer to Date of 1 August

Have lots and lots of patience.

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks