Bonus Offer from AVIRA

srtools1980y

While on Avira - ?? I have used it for several months with no problems (But ....)

Has anybody else had the last two auto updates fail ?? :P

I get a popup at the normal time (about 8.00 PM ) but instead of the update notice I have had / Update Failed /- with a see through note (Re Failure) not the full screen that I usually get that pops up -

Looking back over the daily scans log has shown no alteration (usually mid day) and they have been clean -

I just had a go at manual updade but after 6 mins there was still no response -

The logs show that the last two auto updates could not be installed ?? :)

Even though it still runs scans - The update 'icon' is yellow and seems to have a problem but it will not tell me what is wrong -

I suppose i can wait another day and see what happens -

While on Avira - ?? I have used it for several months with no problems (But ....)

Has anybody else had the last two auto updates fail ?? :)

I get a popup at the normal time (about 8.00 PM ) but instead of the update notice I have had / Update Failed /- with a see through note (Re Failure) not the full screen that I usually get that pops up -

Looking back over the daily scans log has shown no alteration (usually mid day) and they have been clean -

There have been some large updates that have overloaded the Avira free servers. It will get back to normal after a few days. You could always do a manual update until they quiet down :)

I too, had been having problems updating Avira for the last several days. For the first day, I could at least get to the site and click around OK. Yesterday, even the site was a dog. Today, I got my normal update and all was well. I have received a couple of update letters from Avira this week about engine upgrades so I figure Prairie Dog is most likely right in saying that the servers are just overloaded right now and will be settling back down.

Could be more activity on their site due to the offer ??-

The free version problems are from the large updates they have had the last few days. That combined with 100 million free users trying to update causes a bit of a slowdown :) . The paid versions use different servers and, from what I understand, don't normally have many update issues.