mmohrmann

How can I remove "huniversalconverter.co" browser hijacker?

My safari is currently infected with huniversalconverter.co browser hijacker. I do not have any extensions listed in my safari preferences. There is nothing in applications listed that I have not personally installed, so there is nothing to delete there. Does anyone else have this problem? Any ideas on how to get rid of it? Internet searches just lead to other malware software or deleting extensions. Not helping me out. Also, why can't malwarebytes take care of a browser hijacker?

Posted (edited)

--------------------------

Edited by icotonev

Unfortunately, I didn't pay much attention to the Mac operating system. For this reason, and I've removed your instructions because they for Windows ..!

Posted (edited)

Hello @mmohrmann and :welcome:

Please follow @treed's instructions within the first, pinned topic in this sub-forum:

How to remove WeKnow malware (and others)

Then, please reply to this topic with the status of your Mac's Safari browser.

Thank you.

Edited by 1PW

Hi @mmohrmann

2 hours ago, mmohrmann said:

why can't malwarebytes take care of a browser hijacker?

Malwarebytes does not fix issues you may be experiencing with your web browser. If you're experiencing issues with your browser , you may need to restore your browser settings manually.

treed's article should be able to take care of browser hijack if not submit a system report created with the help of below article  (please don't post the zip file here)

https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-3235

Send the zip file via private message Or log a support ticket with help of below link and attach the file with the email

https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/contactsupport/pages/home-support

you can directly compose an email to support@malwarebytes.com  to create a support ticket.

Hello @mmohrmann:

We're happy that helped.

Cheers