Asset Inventory Scans

tdoubleu

I Had a question regarding inventory scans.  Is it safe to say that an inventory scan is nothing more than a "Agent-to-server Communication interval"  or "Server-to-agent communication interval," which thus gives us a current "last seen" or "last communication time" to the cloud.malwarebytes management console.  I am under the belief that this is why some of my reporting appears off in regards to when a system was last communicated to and or scanned...  Or does it scan "in" new systems to be added to our managed endpoint list.

Thanks in Advance.   🙏

Asset scans updates the lists of software, updates and startup programs.  It picks up information from the endpoint's registry. It can be run on demand or scheduled.

Endpoint activity of Last Seen/Last communication time relates to when the Malwarebytes Management Agent last checked in. When online via the Internet, the endpoints are checking in continuously.

Endpoints are added to lists upon installation and initial registration.  Thereafter, they are tracked until deleted by console our uninstalled triggered at the endpoint.

Use the Excel plugin for more sophisticated reporting.

Andrew is there a way to modify the Agent Check in time to lets say every hour or hour and a half?  Are there custom installation switches that can be used for future installs to customize check in times?

Thanks... oh and reporting plugin is awesome 😎 needs to be implemented in the cloud app... 

• 2 weeks later...