Malwarebytes and host file

Does Malwarebytes scan the host file?

I was working on a friends computer and had removed some malware off of it. It starting working great. I thought I was done until I tried to do searches in google or bing. No matter what I searched for, it would give me a page not found. After working on it for a bit, trying different tools, resetting IE, removing google toolbar and reinstalling it, something told me to check the hosts file.

I found that the host file had been set to Hidden, and could not be deleted or modified. It had entries in there for all searches to get redirected to some ip addresses. (and since malware bytes was installed it was probably blocking the page) I renamed that host file and then created a new host file with default settings and then the pc was fixed.

Anywho, does it scan it?

Does it scan it? I don't think so? It blocks malicious IP sites.. and creates the logs... I would leave the post here, and see if anyone else has a comment other than mine.... regards....

EDIT: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=21076 Look around the board for some replies!

I thought it was meant to block malicious IP sites, not scan them?