Windows Police Pro Fake Antivirus/Windos Antivirus Pro/Av Care viruses.. PLEASE HELP!

Ok. Long story but here it goes..

One day I was just surfing the web and a pop up comes up saying "Windows Police Pro" has found x amount of viruses..blah blah. I ain't no dummy I know this is just another cheesy pop up meant to scare you into buying a fake anti-virus. So i x'd out of it and it led me to two more pop ups. Well after this little incident, my computer went ape s**t and restarted itself. My computer isn't new or in the fastest but it never restarts itself, so I knew something was up. When it restarted I logged back in and a whole bunch of black windows boxes popped up saying blah blah.exe..by this point I was like oh crap I knew this wasnt good. After that had happened nothing would open, except for internet explorer, and thank god it did. I download the .exe registry fix and that got my .exe's back up and running. It also loaded window's police pro and AVCare. I immediately scanned my computer with AVG and it found the infections and removed them. My computer ran fine for days.. You would think my problems were solved, right? WRONG. A few days later the windows antivirus pro pop ups were coming back EVERY SINGLE time I went online..grr :P At this point I did a little research on this virus and found that many of the sites requested that I download malware bytes to remove this rogue little beast. So I followed suit and downloaded it. Updated it. And it ran for about a whole 15 seconds before shutting itself down. Now everytime I try to open it is says permission denied. I'm guessing this little malware is smart and knows to block antivirus/malware software. Next I tried comedian.exe to fix some registry problems, and I also tried the hijack of running maleware bytes as mbam.com instead of mbam.exe..it worked for about a whole 30 seconds before shutting down on me. I have no idea what to try next. I'm sick and tired of this little bugger taxing my system! Somebody please make my day and tell him how to delete and destroy this little guy. ;) THANKS!!

Hi stephaniekay,

I've encountered a number of these cases where these sneaky programs won't let Malwarebytes and common security programs function. What I've had to do is use a number of security software to chip away at the infection until you have a hole that lets you run a deep cleaning program like Malwarebytes.

I suggest:

1. Install Avast Antivirus FREE Home Edition (Update definitions if possible) and schedule a boot scan.

After you reboot, Avast should run and hopefully pick up some of the malware. (I would disconnect computer from internet to prevent further infection)

2. Try and run Malwarebytes again under normal boot and safe mode *although its not as effective.

3. IF that doesn't work you can try Superantispyware Free, AVG Free, and IOBit Security 360 Free to try to gain some leverage (Avira's Rescue CD is also a useful utility for pre-boot scanning).

These rogue programs are tricky but there is always a hole to expose.

If none of these work please reply back and I'll be happy to assist you further. :)

I am seeing the same thing, only worse. THe Windows Antivirus Pro is on the tool bar and keeps poping up and starting. I kill it from Task Manager --> Processes but comes back.

Also, when I go to an anti virus site, like Malwarebytes or Avast, and try to do anything, as soon as I hit continue I am re-routed to some other site, always different, selling soemthing. IT has disabled Malwarebytes, get a message that I do not have permissions to run it, as well as registry cleaners. I have re-loaded Malware and it starts but then just goes away. I even downloaded another antivirus and same happened, as well as for Ad-aware. AVG Free completed but found no viruses.

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes forums

If you're having Malware related issues with your computer that you're unable to resolve.

1. Please read and follow the instructions provided here: I'm infected - What do I do now?
  2. If needed please post your logs in a NEW topic here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs

• NOTE: If for some reason you're unable to run some or any of the tools in the first link, then skip that step and move on to the next one. If you can't even run HijackThis, then just proceed and post a NEW topic as shown in the second link describing your issues and someone will assist you as soon as they can.

If you are not able to get to any of the sites from your computer you can always get the software from another pc and put it on a flash drive. I always carry around a flash drive with all my anti-malware software with the most recent definitions.

**Just be warned I've had my flash drive infected so once your done cleaning out our computer run a quick scan on your stick.

I used Super Antispyware online scanner and it eliminated Windows Antivirus Pro Virus and found some others too. But I after I restarted my compute like it prompts you to, I still could not run any antivirus. (AVG will open but will not execute a scan, Maleware bytes won'teven open at all and says "Permission Denied") Now to add on to the list, songs won't play on my computer or internet (and yes my volume is up and speakers on), and somehow my internet explorer has switched itself to an older version. any ideas what to do? Why do stupid, fat, evil computer nerds have to make viruses just to mess with people? Get a real job and a LIFE! If I only I knew who you were.. :)

I used Super Antispyware online scanner and it eliminated Windows Antivirus Pro Virus and found some others too. But I after I restarted my compute like it prompts you to, I still could not run any antivirus. (AVG will open but will not execute a scan, Maleware bytes won'teven open at all and says "Permission Denied") Now to add on to the list, songs won't play on my computer or internet (and yes my volume is up and speakers on), and somehow my internet explorer has switched itself to an older version. any ideas what to do? Why do stupid, fat, evil computer nerds have to make viruses just to mess with people? Get a real job and a LIFE! If I only I knew who you were.. :)

NOTE: If for some reason you're unable to run some or any of the tools in the first link, then skip that step and move on to the next one. If you can't even run HijackThis, then just proceed and post a NEW topic as shown in the second link describing your issues and someone will assist you as soon as they can.

Go into the HJK forum, If you can't run the tools, download them? The HJK forum personal will get a program running..regards.