thelordpuffer

Just updated to 3.9.23 and have issues

Thanks @treed for the info on this issue.  I too am puzzled by the performance issue.  My iMac is a late 2015 & is maxed out spec wise.  It has never exhibited any performance issues.  It is very stable & runs very well.  Boots up in about 30 to 40 seconds.  Anyways thanks again, much appreciated.

On reflection there could be something.  On boot up & at around 60% the progress bar stops for about 5 to 10 seconds & then proceeds to the finish & the boot is completed.

It has done this for ever & I have no idea what is going on.  I have often thought that because I have a SSD it should be faster.  But heck its booting up in 30 to 40 seconds anyways.

3 minutes ago, PaulBostock said:

On reflection there could be something.  On boot up & at around 60% the progress bar stops for about 5 to 10 seconds & then proceeds to the finish & the boot is completed.

It has done this for ever & I have no idea what is going on.  I have often thought that because I have a SSD it should be faster.  But heck its booting up in 30 to 40 seconds anyways.

Do you have file vault turned on.  That’s probably the brief pause.

1 minute ago, GuruGuy said:

Do you have file vault turned on.  That’s probably the brief pause.

And normal

Just installed MB version 3.9.27 (from @treed link in  post # 73)

Rebooted with NO PROBLEMS.

Thanks to all who had a hand in the fix.

After testing several intermediate versions I have now installed the latest stable version for two days.
Everything is ok.

Congratulations to all the staff for the hard work done in finding this difficult bug. Thanks

PS: The performance factor can certainly be the cause, at least for me. In fact, I have a MacBook Pro 9.2 (Mid 2012) which, even if it has never had any problems so far, is starting to have its age.

Just downloaded the new MWB version 3.9.27 and installed it.  Everything working fine so far.  Restarted computer after install and no hanging at al!  It arrived in my email this afternoon.  Just in time too because there was some malware on my computer causing my Bing searches to be hijacked by Yahoo.  Did a scan and had 5 threats on my computer which got quarantined by MWB with a direct to one of their pages for more info which I followed and now there are no more problems on my computer.  Thank you MWB for the fix.