Chevelles240

Two computers clashing with each other

I'm not really sure of a good way to explain this but I've noticed a new issue regarding two user computers. If I uninstall a client package from computer A then it also removes computer B from the console and vice versa. I can't have both computers in the console at the same time. 

The odd thing is the client package can be installed on both but only one of the computers shows in the console. If I attempt to add both then it inadvertently results in only one showing in the console. 

Has anyone had a similar issue?

Hi Chevelles240,

It sounds like you've deployed these clients from a master image that was captured improperly, wherein the managed client was allowed to pull a unique ID. Consequently, those clients now share a UID and any future clients deployed from that image will exhibit the same behavior until it is corrected. The below knowledge base article outlines the steps for capturing a master image, let me know if you have an questions or run into any issues!

Prepare an image in Sysprep for Malwarebytes managed client
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1132

Thanks for the helpful info N33dful. Is there a way to change this after the fact? I did indeed clone one users computer for a new hire of theirs.

I did attempted removing the management console from both machines, taking them off the network and then installing the client while they were offline. But when both machines were put back on the network only one showed in the client view of the management console.

I see, it sounds like some configuration files may have been left behind from the previous client install on the image. Let's try running the Malwarebytes Business Support Tool to clean up any remaining traces of the previous install.

Malwarebytes Support Tool for business environments
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2333

Once you've completed the cleanup process, please check for the following directories and if present, delete them.

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent\
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes
C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes
C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent

After that, reinstall from a fresh client package. Let me know if you run into any trouble or that gets it working for you!

On 8/1/2019 at 11:16 AM, N33dful said:

I see, it sounds like some configuration files may have been left behind from the previous client install on the image. Let's try running the Malwarebytes Business Support Tool to clean up any remaining traces of the previous install.

Malwarebytes Support Tool for business environments
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2333

Once you've completed the cleanup process, please check for the following directories and if present, delete them.

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent\
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes
C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes
C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent

After that, reinstall from a fresh client package. Let me know if you run into any trouble or that gets it working for you!

This did the trick! THANK YOU! :)