KateC

Website blocked due to malware... keeps popping up

Hello. This keeps popping up. Appears to be across all browsers. Can someone help me? 

Kate 

I am having the same problem.   Looks like the latest signature file has a problem.

It is blocking google, microsoft, and other sites.

Hi,

I was just about to make a post similar to this. Is it anything google-related by any chance? The ones I'm getting so far are anything that seems to have anything to do with Analytics or Ads.

Malwarebytes is now blocking every website. This has just started occurring. It has to be a problem that needs fixing with an update. The only way to do anything on the web right now is to turn off web protection.

I'm having the same problem.  Looking forward to getting a fix. Can anyone assist?

Why can't we submit a problem directly to support any more?  Last time I could send a message directly to support, but now I can't find anyway to do such.

Try updating MalwareBytes, the issue should be fixed.

Yes. I did manual check for update and it's fixed.

1 minute ago, MissLilly said:

Tried to "Install Application Update" but none are available -- any other suggestions?

On dashboard view, under "System" on bottom right, click the word "current" next  to updates. It will then download and apply new definitions.

2 minutes ago, MissLilly said:

Tried to "Install Application Update" but none are available -- any other suggestions?

Right click on malwarebytes that's located on the bottom corner of your screen. Click on "check for updates" a few times and it should update. I'm sure everyone will get it shortly.

3 minutes ago, MissLilly said:

Click on the word "update"

MWBUP1.png

1.0.11788 seems to be causing the issue. My wife's laptop had it, mine had an earlier version. When I updated my laptop, it skipped right to 1.1.1179 and all is well. I just updated my wife's laptop and it's all good again there, too.

Thanks to those who suggested the manual update!  That worked for me and I'm no longer being bombarded by blocks.  

Same here. All the website blocking was driving me crazy.

Manually updating signature definitions has resolved that issue.