11 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Well, in general you normally don't need exclusions. I'll see if there are any internal known issues or recommendations.

Bad news I am afraid and so back to the drawing boards. The problem recurred and Outlook froze sending an email with Web Protection disabled. It took a few days. I am reluctant to run BD disabled and no AV for a few days to test that, but I will bite the bullet and reinstall MB. I will advise. 

I thought it was recommended to exclude BD. I have also had issues with a  couple of programs like Paperport. 

Just checked internally. We have a couple thousand tickets with the word Bitdefender in them, that includes user logs, so not necessarily a user complaining about Bitdefender. Support uses tracking when the same issue is found more than a few times. There are no tracking tickets for Bitdefender. There was a known BSOD about a year ago and at different times Bitdefender would put up an alert that it was not compatible with Malwarebytes if it was installed. You had to uninstall Malwarebytes, install BD then reinstall Malwarebytes.

It very well could be something very specific on your system that we just have not run into before and tickets on the Helpdesk seem to confirm that. Let me download your logs and see if I can locate anything obvious or not.

Thanks for the assist Ron.  I know we've seen this issue before, but it is pretty rare and I'm not certain if we ever found the exact cause or not.  I was hoping that a simple exclusion or configuration setting could resolve it, but we've been unsuccessful so far.

53 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Just checked internally. We have a couple thousand tickets with the word Bitdefender in them, that includes user logs, so not necessarily a user complaining about Bitdefender. Support uses tracking when the same issue is found more than a few times. There are no tracking tickets for Bitdefender. There was a known BSOD about a year ago and at different times Bitdefender would put up an alert that it was not compatible with Malwarebytes if it was installed. You had to uninstall Malwarebytes, install BD then reinstall Malwarebytes.

It very well could be something very specific on your system that we just have not run into before and tickets on the Helpdesk seem to confirm that. Let me download your logs and see if I can locate anything obvious or not.

Gentleman, I really appreciate the care and support. :) I uninstalled MB using the tool. (needless to say it did not reactivate my license after the reinstall.. I have an old ID/Key license and had to dig it out).

The status now is that MB was reinstalled. I have excluded MB files/folders  from BD and BD from MB. Everything is enabled normally and we will see what happens. 

Thank you!

Thanks for the update.  Fingers crossed that the issue is resolved, but if not then we're definitely willing to continue troubleshooting the problem to try and find a permanent resolution.  Thank you for taking so much time and putting so much effort into diagnosing this issue with us.  It is much appreciated.

I also made a note of your feedback regarding exclusions and will be passing it along to the Product team so that hopefully they might make it more user friendly in the future.

Another update. I closed all the modules of BD so it was effectively not running. It took 2 days, but then the send freeze problem happened. I then re-enabled BD and ran without MB. The problem happened almost immediately.

So I have no idea whats doing it. Outlook 2016 also does not shutdown properly and MS says this is a known bug. Just too many issues for me with no real reward  so going back to Outlook 2007. Not worth all this hassle.

Thanks for everybody's help. 

You could use 2010 if you have a copy of it.  That's what I've been using for years and haven't had any issues (though obviously that's no guarantee that you won't, but I suspect it won't be plagued by the same issues as 2016 is).

5 hours ago, bbrener said:

Another update. I closed all the modules of BD so it was effectively not running. It took 2 days, but then the send freeze problem happened. I then re-enabled BD and ran without MB. The problem happened almost immediately.

So I have no idea whats doing it. Outlook 2016 also does not shutdown properly and MS says this is a known bug. Just too many issues for me with no real reward  so going back to Outlook 2007. Not worth all this hassle.

Thanks for everybody's help. 

Yes, my version keeps saying program didn't shut down right, after before, but then I close app as instructed & then it boots right back again....

Yes, this is Office 2016

Hmm...do you think Best Buy might help?

Thanks for all your attention!

Suzy

7 hours ago, suzy5527 said:

Yes, my version keeps saying program didn't shut down right, after before, but then I close app as instructed & then it boots right back again....

Yes, this is Office 2016

Hmm...do you think Best Buy might help?

Thanks for all your attention!

Suzy

MS told me the shutdown issue is a known problem. I strongly doubt Best Buy will be of any help. Try calling Microsoft. 

• In the USA, (800) MICROSOFT (642-7676)
  • In Canada, call (877)568-2495
  • In India, contact 0008004402130
  • In UK, contact 0800 026 03 30